intake Manifolds

would you run edelbrock or holley?

• edelbrock

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • holley

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I love buyin trucks from guys like you, you bust your behind workin on it and gettin it fixed up and then get a hair up your bum that its not worth it and sell it.

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
buy it!! like I said, on this truck its one thing after another, the truck hates me! I took the valve covers off because the chrome ones were leaking like crazy... guess what i find under the valve cover?? the middle head bolt head! yep about 2" off the top of the bolt, just chillin there, fml. Im not pulling it all apart again! my brother said he give me 2500 for it as is, so hes taking it. f'ed up head and all, he said hes gonna run it till it blows and then get a new engine... looks like ill just button the old valve covers back on and drive it to his house...

anyone run a motor with a broken head bolt? im guessing it could warp the head or blow the head gasket, just how long its got is the real ?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Keep the engine cool and don't dog it out idk how long

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If your bro will give you $2500 for it as is, I'd be jumping all over that. He obviously knows how much time and money you've put in it to pay that much. Then you know you'll get to at least visit it.

79K10-2

Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
If your bro will give you $2500 for it as is, I'd be jumping all over that. He obviously knows how much time and money you've put in it to pay that much. Then you know you'll get to at least visit it.

I couldnt remember what email and password I used for my old sign on (79k10) so i reregd...
anyway, about my old 79k10... I sold it to my bro... still waitin on the rest of the money for it lol... he gave me 1000 and says the other 1500 is coming. I got it running pretty nice and drove it up to his house. it ran pretty well but still needs fine tuning. Hes got a 4x4 track built for it in his back yard, its pretty fun riding around all the ditches he dug for it. He wheels the hell out of it! its cool that i can still drive/ride in it. hes beating up the body a bit lol but he says hes going to fix it all back up (which I doubt) but hes having fun for right now.

Im looking for a 2 wheel drive pre 75 so i can roast the tires and never need smog.

I really appreciate all the help I received from all you guys on this site, I really dont think I would have been able to get all the bugs and issues taken care of without all the info here.

THANKS!!

78bigblock

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
You can find them up to 79 without smog. I have a 79 without smog and a 454

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
i know this threads a year old but theres nothing like reviving a dead thread... hahaha... so i did sell the stepside to my brother in law, he still drives the hell out of it a year later, im pretty happy that thing has held up as long as it has. needed a new starter but still fires right up. he wheels the hell out of it on his property, he hits holes and hills i never thought possible, that k10 is a beast!! so im looking at getting a 73 c10 350/350 tomorrow, im stoked to have a project again after a whole year and a half of not having anything to wrench on.... well we'll see if ive got a new project tomorrow, ill post some pics if i get it.. .$2300 seems like a deal to me

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Here is my contribution:)

Edelbrock 2701 and 1806 re-jetted 12% leaner on mains and secondaries.

Used the recommended and IMO the necessary felpro 1256 gaskets. Used gasket glue on the head side and a good 1/4" bead of RTV instead of the rubber end gaskets, I just throw the rubber ones in the garbage! lol cause that's what they are!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
so i ended up picking up a 73 c10, dont know much about it really, neither did the guy whgo sold it to me... its got a holley carb and street dominator intake, headers, flowmasters, pipes out the side... it was a little touchy on the way home, i think i need to dial it in... where to start on a holley? i have no clue

sure needs a washing, thats for sure

Last edited:

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
looks great!

Here is my contribution:)

Edelbrock 2701 and 1806 re-jetted 12% leaner on mains and secondaries.

Used the recommended and IMO the necessary felpro 1256 gaskets. Used gasket glue on the head side and a good 1/4" bead of RTV instead of the rubber end gaskets, I just throw the rubber ones in the garbage! lol cause that's what they are!

looks awesome!! thats clean!!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Thanks! I got them both off kijji $250 for both never been used lol spent another $125 on tiny fuel line stuff from the hot rod shop.

Im still not overly Impressed with the 1806 carb. As soon as I get my quadjet finished its going back on top with an adapter in the new truck with out the 700r4. Just cause that TV cable pisses me off!

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
Thanks! I got them both off kijji $250 for both never been used lol spent another $125 on tiny fuel line stuff from the hot rod shop.

Im still not overly Impressed with the 1806 carb. As soon as I get my quadjet finished its going back on top with an adapter in the new truck with out the 700r4. Just cause that TV cable pisses me off!

i hear a lot of people talking about the Qjets, are they really better than an edelbrock or holley if you get em dialed in? i dont think they look that cool, and i want my motor to look cool lol

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
i hear a lot of people talking about the Qjets, are they really better than an edelbrock or holley if you get em dialed in? i dont think they look that cool, and i want my motor to look cool lol

I will take mpg over looks ANY day. A properly setup Qjet will get far better mileage and throttle response than a edelbrock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack253