intake Manifolds

would you run edelbrock or holley?

• edelbrock

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • holley

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
xcase is in! feeling pretty good about it. damn it was a real pain to get in! i couldnt of done it without my HF tranny jack!
You must be registered for see images attach

linkage was tighter than hell so i started taking it apart and sanding all the rust off, slides great now, i just need to figure out how to put it back together... im prett y sure i saw a thread on rebuilding these things, ill have to look...

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
so i got the dizzy back in, lined up, i think (its pointing to one and at dtc) but the hold down bolt seems like its too long, feels like its bottoming out when i go finger tight on it and its only half way in. I dont want to strip it out, maybe ive got the wrong bolt or i just need to wrench it down... i just got the edelbrock intake in there... im almost thinking i should use a stud and nut and just move on... any info greatly appreciated

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
so i got the dizzy back in, lined up, i think (its pointing to one and at dtc) but the hold down bolt seems like its too long, feels like its bottoming out when i go finger tight on it and its only half way in. I dont want to strip it out, maybe ive got the wrong bolt or i just need to wrench it down... i just got the edelbrock intake in there... im almost thinking i should use a stud and nut and just move on... any info greatly appreciated

How far does it go in, like a half inch? Yeah, don;t force it, maybe run the right tap into it. Get a shorter bolt or a stud and nut like ya said. you sure the hold down bracket is the right side up?

You ever figure out the shifter assembly in the previous post?

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
How far does it go in, like a half inch? Yeah, don;t force it, maybe run the right tap into it. Get a shorter bolt or a stud and nut like ya said. you sure the hold down bracket is the right side up?

You ever figure out the shifter assembly in the previous post?

I think ill get a stub and nut for it, better safe than sorry...

on the xcase shifter, i think i got it back together right. I spent like an hour playing with it and finally got everything in there, it looked like the pic i found online and got the case closed and bolted... still havent installed it yet. im back to working on the motor for now, i picked up some new plugs and wires, but untill i get the dizzy stud im basically just torquing my tranny and xcase bolts down. i need a new dip stick and a new u joint on the rear DS, the cap fell off and all the needles fell out, figured i might as well change em lol
its coming along, im hoping to at least fire the motor up this month

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
In my monte i have a 305 with a older edlbrock intake. Im running a gm quadrajet(i would recamend one of those or either a holley). If your looking for immediate power, go with a Holley double pumper with mechanical secondaries, if not then run vacuum secondaries.
I have enough power to putt around and i like my combination.
^well thats what i have to contribute.

Last edited:

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
went and bought a stub for the dizzy, while i was there i picked up an MSD cap and rotor kit, that'll get me going on swapping over to all MSD ignition. everything went in smoothly. I got all the plug wires on and for the most part ready to turn the key and see what happens

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Nice!!! :popcorn:

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
Thanks! now I want a full msd setup...

i wanted to turn the key so bad last night! still need an oil change before i fire it up, oh and coolant... getting there!

Im going to redo the spark plug wires, some of them seem a little too tight and others have lots of slack, i want to make this motor look as clean as possible so im trying to pay attention to detail on this

Last edited:

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
got it fired up!!

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
thanks!

now its down to ujoints, tranny dip stick, xcase shifter, bleeding brake lines and a once over

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Anyone here running a Single Plane intake? Like an Eddy Torker for example?

I can't think of anyone on here that can justify the use a single plane but making sure for those who don't know, a single plane is usually nothing more than a biggo waste of gas and also a major loss of your low end torque and hp.
I ran a Torker 2 once but it was in a motor that had a power band of 2500-6500 and I had a 3000 stall converter or manual trans and needed that high rpm air of a single plane. It FELT like it ran better with the dual plane but time slips say different. Difference was, the dual plane had alot of power at bottom end but I was still not getting into the big portion of the power band, and ran out of air fast in the big end. Now days I think the Performer RPM dual plane would have been a good choice for that motor, but it didn't exist then.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
The blue GMC I had earlier this year had a single plane Torker II, it seemed fine. The truck had a 4-speed though, and seemed like it had a high redline, maybe 6k rpm. Didnt really have it long enough to find out if it was a dog at low rpms though. Only reason I dont want one is it will DQ me from street class racing.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
When I got my K5, it had a nice polished Torqer 2 on it. I replaced it with a basic Performer manifold and it seemed to have a wider powerband (as it should) but I don't think overall power was much different.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
91' with early 80's drivetrain
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
My 454 has a performer 2 intake Barry Grant 750cfm Vac sec carb=edelbrock cam and lifters Hooker headers..Spent the extra on the headers.

I f i wasnt in the automotive world it would have never got tagged Mo. Is trying out Cali type inspections a real pain.All the guys with V8 S10's that
live in the country should all fail inspection now..if the motor you have in your vehicle was not an option for your truck-you fail-if ANY of the oem emissions for your truck are disabled-you fail......the list goes on and on iim still an inspector but no longer work in the shops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes