Hydroboost conversion - question on booster parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malicious

Reaction score
First Name
Leigh
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi All,

Looking at doing a hydroboost conversion on my 74, but as I'm located in Australia, I need to mail order most of the parts including the booster.

Looking at picking up a rebuild unit, but I've noticed that at least one of the on Amazon had a review stating:
"
Yes it comes with a backing plate. But does not come with the out rod, spring or retainer the goes between the hydroboost and master cylinder. Mask sure you remove them before you send in the core.
"

Not being familiar with the unit, what are these, what's their proper name and is there anywhere online I can buy them? Like a rockauto or Summit?

Thanks in advance!

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
The folks at powerbrakes.com are great in case you need them. Was the only place I found that had new plunger kits with rod, spring, etc.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
The outrod is this rod that sticks out and pushed on the piston inside the master. As you can see it's held in by a star washer, which actually keeps the rod centered, and there is a spring behind that. Different years have different sized rods. Sometimes you need to play mix and match.

You must be registered for see images attach

Malicious

Reaction score
First Name
Leigh
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks all, looks like Powerbrakes have what I need. Just confirming which size I need.

Don't worry, I've got all new shoulder belts in it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sszcam