Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Bumper thingys!!!!!!

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Can someone educate me about adding those relays into the system? I understand that they change the power point from the switch to the battery. But how do they get installed?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Can someone educate me about adding those relays into the system? I understand that they change the power point from the switch to the battery. But how do they get installed?
Normally, the relay harness is on its own. Plugs in between the normal headlight harness and the headlights with direct power from the battery.

For the round eyes, they plug into the H4 headlight connector and then pull power directly from the battery to the headlights.

The power from the headlight switch only activates the relays, so you have almost no voltage drop to the headlights and much less current through the headlight switch.

Prevents the switch from heating up and improves the light output of the headlights.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
From a reliability standpoint, the aftermarket heavy duty harnesses are overrated. I've owned way more than my share of GM cars and trucks and I have yet to replace a single headlight switch. There's been dimmer switch failure and a couple headlight connectors that needed the contacts cleaned. That's it. Not a single cooked part.

Right on Bro!

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Ok.well sounds like something thats worth doing. I drive at night more than i like sometimes and the stock light output sucks.

Went up and finally met @SDJunkMan . great guy. Brought him his cookies he ordered and he gave me a headlight switch to put in the blue bomb. Aside from the headlights not working i know the contacts in mine are worn out. Gotta pull and hold a arm out while looking left to get the dash lights to stay on. Hopefully this one works and its one more thing to check off the list. Thanks again jeff

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Glad to help. Be careful driving home, that snow is getting wicked out there.
We have been home for a bit. Was a white out most of the way home. Luckily here in wasta everything blows over us and we dont get it as bad.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Yeah, the relays are "sealed". Not so good though. Lol. Inexpensive would be an understatement. The box comes with a cheap lid too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Use dum-dum (Plumber's Putty). You can roll it up to make a rope seal of mash it in where the hole is. Stuff works great!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Use dum-dum (Plumber's Putty). You can roll it up to make a rope seal of mash it in where the hole is. Stuff works great!
They sell the black strip caulk at Parts stores.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
The **** we seal bins up with is where its at. Ive taken bins down that were 50 years old and the calking is still sticky where the sheets are pressed together. Butyl its called. Sticks to anything as long as its not dusty

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The **** we seal bins up with is where its at. Ive taken bins down that were 50 years old and the calking is still sticky where the sheets are pressed together. Butyl its called. Sticks to anything as long as its not dusty
That’s what the strips are and what used to be used to hold windshield in.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Did not know that.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You guys mean this stuff?..... Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

(Resealing my 5th wheel)

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Looks similar. Works great. The stuff we use comes in 40 ft rolls that are 1/4 in wide . Would be great for sealing box lids i think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverado9019