Gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevycowboy1985

Reaction score
First Name
Cordell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have a 81 gmc 4x4 had stock gauges with the big fuel gauge and a got hole gauge cluster with the tach and the wiring so hooked it up and the oil pressure gauge does not work now change out oil gauge for old one and still does not work. It worked before I change it any ideas thanks

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Check to make sure your printed circuit is good and you have continuity through it for the oil pres. gauge. They are easily damaged. I'm betting that's where your problem lies.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Check to make sure your printed circuit is good and you have continuity through it for the oil pres. gauge. They are easily damaged. I'm betting that's where your problem lies.

I'd agree with this. BUT, how about swap that electric oil guage out for a manual guage in a later model truck? Or am I backwards, and mean earlier model truck?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Mechanical oil pressure was in 77 and older. More than likely you're going to have to change the pinouts a little. Get a wiring diagram and start tracing, if everything else works ok, turn signals, etc then you may just have to swap a couple wires.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Mechanical oil pressure was in 77 and older. More than likely you're going to have to change the pinouts a little. Get a wiring diagram and start tracing, if everything else works ok, turn signals, etc then you may just have to swap a couple wires.

If both clusters are '78 or newer, it should swap without moving pins. The only time you have to move pins is when swapping from a mech oil cluster to a electric oil cluster, or vice versa. My vote goes to a bad spot in the printed circuit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SquareInheretance