Gas tank stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Layne02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
Hi everyone, about to drop both tanks on my 87 Sierra Classic and replace pump/ senders and hoses . So I have been looking up pump / senders and can only find the pump / sender for the right tank, the left tank all I find is the sender. Is there not a pump in both??

Also, I found the filler hoses at Lmc trucks but not the hoses that connect to the sender, they look molded from what I can see, anybody know where to get them?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Hi everyone, about to drop both tanks on my 87 Sierra Classic and replace pump/ senders and hoses . So I have been looking up pump / senders and can only find the pump / sender for the right tank, the left tank all I find is the sender. Is there not a pump in both??

Also, I found the filler hoses at Lmc trucks but not the hoses that connect to the sender, they look molded from what I can see, anybody know where to get them?

Yeah, you've got two pumps. Please do not buy these in the store, though. They're quadruple the price there compared to RockAuto. Type in your truck, go to "Fuel and Air," then go to "Fuel Pump," and scroll down to where the heading says "Standard Replacement Complete Pump Assembly." You'll see the PS and DS pump assemblies labeled, and there you go. On the line, it should just be rubber splices relatively close to the steel line with hose clamps so I'd go to the auto parts store or the hardware store and get you a length of 3/8 inch rubber fuel line that you deem appropriate and splice it on in. Oh, and there's a promo code affiliated with GMSB for a 5% discount. Anything helps.

Last edited:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
The meters (senders) are specific to the tanks - depending on the which side and service it is. NL2 is the RPO code for dual tanks.

Part numbers for the two types:

Production Tank (LH) = 25090846

Auxiliary Tank (RH) = 25090837

The parts list from which the info was culled - you should check my work:

You must be registered for see images attach

The part number for the pumps is the same for both sides - 6472763

The pump part list:

The 107/109 designation refers to wheelbase length (117.5"/131.5") and that is a function of bed size. I assumed you have a Fleetside with an 8 foot bed . If it is a 6 1/2' bed, use the 107 group.

The layout and parts list for the rear portion of the fuel delivery system:

Note that all the hoses in that part of the system are just sold in bulk form and are cut to fit as needed. The only difference is in the diameter.

These are the factory hoses to the production tank:

and the auxiliary tank:

Last edited:

84chevk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Get the 3/8's hose for fuel injection. It's a lot better hose. Some of this regular fuel hose now is crap. A lot of it has a plastic like liner in it.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Rockauto should always be on your list of places to check for prices unless you can't wait for the part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76