Fuel Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaredMid

Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big 10
Engine Size
79 Big 10 fuel tanks left side. Any way to change the rubber lines on the tank with out dropping the tank?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
79 Big 10 fuel tanks left side. Any way to change the rubber lines on the tank with out dropping the tank?
When you find a way let me know, i had changed them when i took the tank out to replace sending unit, wich later found wasnt bad... when you put the tank back up its a bitch to hook them up unless you have the bed off.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Pull the bed probably a lot easier

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
If you have hands the size of a 8 year old Chinese electronics worker maybe, otherwise prepare to drop the tank and get super dirty doing so.

The upside is if you run it empty its fairly easy once you break through the rust and years of muck and dirt/grease... I'd prepare to replace the straps and bolts/nuts though, and then take the brackets off and give them a good cleaning/de-rusting.

A good power sprayer and set of goggles and ear plugs (two sets, one to keep crap out of your ears and another to keep stuff from going up your nose as you lay under the truck) will be a useful start, and then after that PB blaster and a can of that freeze-off to use on the strap nuts will help as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising