For you LS swap guys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
Any recommendation on a radiator with electric fans for my 6.0 ls with automatic trans and air conditioning.
You can use the stock radiator and fans(and trans cooler) from the Escalade. You can chop out the lower radiator support from the Escalade and bolt it on top of the C-10 core support (I used a 3/4" rubber spacer) once that's installed you can make a couple simple brackets to bolt the fans and radiator to the upper radiator support in the C-10. as a bonus the stock Escalade coolant hoses should work almost perfectly. I even mounted the LS stock expansion tank of the passenger side fender well and those hoses fit almost perfectly as well. There are some more intricate brackets needed for that tho but nothing that can't be bent and shaped with a hammer and a vice.

Terry Wilkerson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
Does the factory squarebody ac condenser still useable.
You can use the stock radiator and fans(and trans cooler) from the Escalade. You can chop out the lower radiator support from the Escalade and bolt it on top of the C-10 core support (I used a 3/4" rubber spacer) once that's installed you can make a couple simple brackets to bolt the fans and radiator to the upper radiator support in the C-10. as a bonus the stock Escalade coolant hoses should work almost perfectly. I even mounted the LS stock expansion tank of the passenger side fender well and those hoses fit almost perfectly as well. There are some more intricate brackets needed for that tho but nothing that can't be bent and shaped with a hammer and a vice

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
Does the factory squarebody ac condenser still useable.
mine is a non-ac truck (plan on adding a vintage air setup at some point) but there is a ton of room behind the grill and in front of the radiator for other coolers and condensers.
If going AC with your LS swap things get tight on the passenger side frame rail and the stock LS ac compressor, most do a small frame notch, but I plan to find or built a bracket that holds the compressor a little tighter to the block.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Any recommendation on a radiator with electric fans for my 6.0 ls with automatic trans and air conditioning.
I've got an OE replacement big block radiator from Spectra, PN# CU730. Bought the upper rad mount and top/bottom cushions from LMC. Fan shroud is from Tejas Steelworks and I'm using 13" Spal fans from Amazon with a Ron Francis dual fan relay wiring kit. Sits right on 210 in traffic in the middle of summer.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
One other thing, if the OP goes with the stock LS radiator and lower core support, get the HD radiator... the core support is made to fit both the standard radiator and the wider "HD" one. The Escalade donner likely had the HD version already. The 1-1/2 holes in the support are where the radiator sits in with some rubber feet/posts, the outer 2 are HD and the inner 2 are standard The wider radiator fits right up to the vertical support bars on the C-10 frontend.

Terry Wilkerson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
I've got an OE replacement big block radiator from Spectra, PN# CU730. Bought the upper rad mount and top/bottom cushions from LMC. Fan shroud is from Tejas Steelworks and I'm using 13" Spal fans from Amazon with a Ron Francis dual fan relay wiring kit. Sits right on 210 in traffic in the middle of summer.

You must be registered for see images attach
What did you do with the steam vent?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
What did you do with the steam vent?
If your using a non-plastic tank radiator, and have a radiator shop close enough, they can install a fitting just below the cap for the steam vent line. If your good at sweating, you could prolly do it yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS