Fender alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamds86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Hello all...my truck fenders have a bigger gap towards the cab than the front end. Is there a way to adjust this without it messing up the alignment of the fender to the door?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
There should be alignment spacers on the fenders....they are usually close to the cowl end of the fender. There are also mounting bolts close to the headlight end of the fenders. Try loosening the mounting bolts and pulling them inward. Shim OUT the rear (end closest to the windshield cowl)...and pull IN the fenders up front (closest to the headlight area). I had a big challenge aligning mine...especially since there was a front end collision (passenger side of bumper), and to make matters worse, the p.o. used a aftermarket fender. Aftermarket fenders usually NEVER align correctly.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
The width at the front is fixed by the radiator support and cannot be adjusted.

There are, however, shims at the rear. You will see them in the door opening, towards the top of the fender. There are also shims at the bottom of the rear of the fender, but you won't be able to see them unless you crawl under the truck.

Also - make sure your front end is "square" with the hood. If the gap varies from front to rear you may need to loosen everything and scoot the radiator support to one side to even up the gap.

K

Attachments

• shim locations.jpg
    shim locations.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 355

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes