Front Disc Brake Conversion - Alignment Specification Chart?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farm truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Hi - I got my front disc brake conversion kit into my 1970 GMC C2500 with (mostly) my buddy's help and it i working GREAT! Now comes the alignment. I wanted to gather the specs together to give to the alignment tech..... but have a few questions, if anyone can shed some light on this.

Are the same model / year specs to be used, as would be with the stock drum brakes? I have the chart below to give to the mechanic.

Or would I get the specs for the closest year that came with disc brakes from the factory (I believe that would be a '72).

Or is there a better method / year to use, etc. that I can provide a chart for? And does anyone have this chart that they can please attach?

Attachments

• Alignment Specs.jpg
    Alignment Specs.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 21

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I believe this screen shot spec is for a K series and they were wrong when GM published them! Way too much camber and toe and probably not enough caster. Depending on the suspension and linkage wear factor, we set most rigs camber at a little plus ZERO camber on the Drivers side and a lit less than ZERO camber on the passenger side, we have a lot of crowned roads around here, the difference helped them drive straight. Also as much caster as you can get, even on both sides, and an 1/8 or so, toe in. I firmly believe that the toe is the single most factor for tire wear. Also this statement applies to 2wd and 4wd equally. This is what worked for me on almost everything I aligned, for the last 50+ years. There are always exceptions.......YMMV

farm truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Hey THANK YOU so much! Maybe I was not using the right key words to search, but I was having a hard time even coming up with the wrong info!

The Haynes manual that I has no info.... forget where I found that erroneous info that I attached.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005