Factory intake, carb, and other parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500
Engine Size
I found these parts for sale for $100. Was curious what everyone thought of them and if they’re worth buying. Factory 4bbl carb, factory intake, and other factory parts.

You must be registered for see images attach

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Classic example of a box someone has after they start a thread on here saying I'm getting rid of all that power sucking smog stuff. Then a while later they ask why does my truck run rough and get bad mileage? Don't see a charcoal canister or pcv but all the hoses/connections for them are in the box.

The quadrajet is at least good for a core charge. I say core because while it looks to be complete however it also looks like it's been sitting the corner of a garage for quite a while and likely needs some attention.

Marcus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500
Engine Size
I’m not going to be using anything smog related but I do need a decent carb and intake to put on my engine because I don’t want to use the 2bbl factory setup. Don’t want anything that’s junk or needing work. Kinda on a budget

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I understand that with my sarcasm and jabs at the smog yanking it seems like I'm captain emissions. Not true, hell I burn as much oil as gas. I do see value in pvc and the vapor can though.

If the intake is clean and doesn't need to have a **** ton of hours cleaning it or need a bunch of expensive cleaning/rust remover fluid to make it right then it is useful. Hell the carb might not be gummed up and just needs a new gasket. So yeah there is value there as long as it doesn't need more work/money/time than a replacement. I'm sure it 'ran when parked.' The stuff in the box though...40+ year old rubber hoses, roached out rotor and thermostat. Not so much value there.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I understand that with my sarcasm and jabs at the smog yanking it seems like I'm captain emissions. Not true, hell I burn as much oil as gas. I do see value in pvc and the vapor can though.

If the intake is clean and doesn't need to have a **** ton of hours cleaning it or need a bunch of expensive cleaning/rust remover fluid to make it right then it is useful. Hell the carb might not be gummed up and just needs a new gasket. So yeah there is value there as long as it doesn't need more work/money/time than a replacement. I'm sure it 'ran when parked.' The stuff in the box though...40+ year old rubber hoses, roached out rotor and thermostat. Not so much value there.

More like Captain Green Dream or whatever it is they call it to quote a 90 year old CA bimbo. Just messing with you, though. I’m 100% with you on your logic. I’m fine with the EGR, canister, and PCV. I would say get it not only for the carburetor but also for the Thermac. The intake would be good for getting you out of a pinch, but that’s about all.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I found these parts for sale for $100. Was curious what everyone thought of them and if they’re worth buying. Factory 4bbl carb, factory intake, and other factory parts.

Value is dependent on the person looking at it and their needs. I for example have no interest in smog pump, egr, car or intake as I run efi and do not live in an emissions state, putting a o2 in your exhaust to show AFR when cruising and tuning accordingly will net you more mpg than a egr ever will.

Marcus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500
Engine Size
I refuse to use anything smog. I have no use for it. This truck has never had any smog crap on it since I was a kid and it don’t need it. I just want a 4bbl setup instead of the 2bbl the engine has right now.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
It definitely has value to the right person. Being from California everything '76 and newer has to get smogged every 2 years. When I sold my '79 a couple of years ago, it cost me about $500 in new parts to get it to pass for the sale. My OEM intake was warped. I had to get a smog referee to approve a Performer EGR type intake before the smog station would test it.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
It's worth the $100, get it

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I'd scoop it up. Use what you need and throw the rest on ebay. You never who needs one of those little parts you consider extra.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
I’m not going to be using anything smog related but I do need a decent carb and intake to put on my engine because I don’t want to use the 2bbl factory setup. Don’t want anything that’s junk or needing work. Kinda on a budget

that is a ccc carb it will need a computer and o2 sensor to work probably not what your looking for.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'd use the hundred bucks towards something performance based.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
that is a ccc carb it will need a computer and o2 sensor to work probably not what your looking for.
You caught that too. I didn't see the TPS right away cuz of the pic angle but I did see the AF Mixture Solenoid.

Yeahh, Pass on all this and let the guy ship it to Cali where someone is begging for those parts to be able to pass emissions testing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jima337