Engine Fire - 87 Chevy R30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDBobbers

Reaction score
First Name
EZ
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
And Sunday it fired. Just need to button up a few things and it'll be complete. The rest of the fluids for one, and i need to figure out what the bolt size is for the distributor clamp to the intake manifold... i seem to have lost that bolt in the process.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
3/8/16 X 3/4 works for stock clamp, I usually use a stud especially on an aluminum intake..

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Sweet! I had an 87 burn, in front of my families gunstore no less lol. They weren't amused.

Then the same truck burned again on the Valley View bridge in Cleveland Oh... I hated that truck lol.

HDBobbers

Reaction score
First Name
EZ
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
I don't have any love or hate for this truck. It's simply my work-horse to haul wood, go to the dump, or haul anything else i can think of. I'd love to get another to use as a toy, but between my truck, my car, and my Harley, I don't have alot of room.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I don't have any love or hate for this truck. It's simply my work-horse to haul wood, go to the dump, or haul anything else i can think of. I'd love to get another to use as a toy, but between my truck, my car, and my Harley, I don't have alot of room.

My was the same, winter beater, general truck truck... But man it left me stranded often and without warning. Once I pulled into a gas station, everything was fine, fueled up, pulled out, only had 1 and 3rd gear lol.

HDBobbers

Reaction score
First Name
EZ
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
I had two late model F150 Flaresides (1998 / 1999) before this R30. Head gaskets went on both within the span of a year of owning each of them. One of them shot a rod. And they weren't exactly cheap trucks. This R30 cost me 900 bucks, and after this rebuild plus the new rear tires i'm still in it for about 2k. For a big, 1-ton, dually, flatbed, it was a decent buy and easier to work on than my old Fords.

HDBobbers

Reaction score
First Name
EZ
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
3/8/16 X 3/4 works for stock clamp, I usually use a stud especially on an aluminum intake..

Perfect, chief. That's the only thing i'm missing before i get on to other parts of the truck. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512