Ehatx wrong with my distributer cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ypsik10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
why did this happen?! All parts new rebuilt distributer. Must be why it won't start?

You must be registered for see images attach

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Bad plugs or plug wires, too much resistance causes the voltage to back up and it must go out somewhere.

Ypsik10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hmm accel wires are new plugs are fairly new (ac delco) what else can cause this? I'm going to get new cap rotor & plugs now

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I'd just make sure you have a new insulator and rotor bushing because it looks like those got torched, especially the bushing. I can't tell if your cap melted, but if so, you should get a new one. Even if the wires are new, check them for arcing because that'll make weird things like that happen. I had a rat chew through a brand new AC Delco spark plug wire last year on my car, and when it touched the frame, the wire caught on fire, it melted the contact on the cap, and it blew up my ECM and one of the ECM fuses and my interior/gauge light fuse. I'm assuming that it's an Accel distributor kit that came with a coil. I don't know what their coils are in terms of quality, but if you have a multimeter, they're super easy to test.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69