Dropped Front, No Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I cut my coil springs today and when I got everything back together the brakes are actin funny. It feels almost like theres no vacuum in the booster but I know it is. The pedal goes down and gets tight like its on the floor and the truck stops slow. A couple times it stopped quick but the left rear wheel locked up. Was goin no faster than 20 mph. :shitsweak:

The lines are not kinked underneath but were almost kinked. I unbolted them from the upper control arm and now Im gonna try to bleed them and see if they work.

Anybody else run into this problem after lowering the front end?

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
If you have old brake hoses and let the caliper hang by the hose its possible they got damaged.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
If you have old brake hoses and let the caliper hang by the hose its possible they got damaged.

I beleive thats what happened. I had to drop the driver side by the upper ball joint cause I couldnt get the lower out of the spindle. Even if it looks ok on the outside it could still be damaged on the inside?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Yep they have 2 layers of hose. if the inner blows it can cause a bubble over time on the outer hose. They can also end up working like a check valve, either preventing your brakes from working or causing them to seize. However if both front brakes are acting funny I would be looking at the master cylinder and/or booster.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
It just feels like they need bled. I did let the driver side hang for a lil bit until I stuck somethin under it to hold it up. They worked fine till after I dropped it.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Inspect the front hose to line connections, and the hoses. Last year mine acted the same way and I found a leak in the hoses just behind the crimp on the hose. It wasn't enough to cause a puddle but it did have a damp area on the hose.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Any luck with this bro?

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Got a hose but havent put it on yet. Rough night last night lol. The hoses look fine so Im not so sure.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Any luck?

jt1200r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
4.3/th400/3.08
just because the hoses look good on the outsaid doesnt mean theyre not rotted on the inside(ive been there)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshinIT