Driveshaft length for stock k15 short bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abanker

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC k15
Engine Size
I have a 77 K15 shortbed with an th350/np203, dana 44 front and gm 12 bolt rear. Im looking for specs on the driveshafts front and rear. Multiple lengths and sizes available on rock auto. I am ordering parts right now with the truck not on hand. Can anyone tell me what size driveshafts I need front and rear or part numbers for them? Any help would be appreciated! Just looking for stock replacements

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I have a 77 K15 shortbed with an th350/np203, dana 44 front and gm 12 bolt rear. Im looking for specs on the driveshafts front and rear. Multiple lengths and sizes available on rock auto. I am ordering parts right now with the truck not on hand. Can anyone tell me what size driveshafts I need front and rear or part numbers for them? Any help would be appreciated! Just looking for stock replacements
Just wait until you have it… a tape measure doesn’t lie.

Also I’ll add a local driveline shop will most likely serve you better than ordering replacements on the interwebs.

Does it not have any driveshafts? Often times a great savings can be had by re-using the slip yoke and tube yoke. Also for the front shaft the double cardan joint may be salvageable.

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've used South Shore Bearing in Quincy for driveshafts.

abanker

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC k15
Engine Size
Just wait until you have it… a tape measure doesn’t lie.

Also I’ll add a local driveline shop will most likely serve you better than ordering replacements on the interwebs.

Does it not have any driveshafts? Often times a great savings can be had by re-using the slip yoke and tube yoke. Also for the front shaft the double cardan joint may be salvageable.
it has driveshafts currently, they are pretty thrashed and the old splined slip joints have a lot of slop

abanker

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC k15
Engine Size
I've used South Shore Bearing in Quincy for driveshafts.
Ill have to check them out. They are pretty easy for me to get to. I imagine I can probably bring them my old driveshafts and they can replicate them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod