Dreaming of a firm....brake pedal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rooster336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hans
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I've got the front done and put back together. Booster, master, rotors, calipers, pads all new but hubs were in good shape so put those back together and they seem to be working fine. This was my first go with manual hubs so I'm counting it as a win that I don't hear any odd noises and they are functioning properly.

Thanks for the help.

Rear drums are next on the list but going to do more research on them before ordering the parts.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I've got the front done and put back together. Booster, master, rotors, calipers, pads all new but hubs were in good shape so put those back together and they seem to be working fine. This was my first go with manual hubs so I'm counting it as a win that I don't hear any odd noises and they are functioning properly.

Thanks for the help.

Rear drums are next on the list but going to do more research on them before ordering the parts.

Don’t buy new drums if you don’t need to. Turn them if they’re still within spec thickness. I bought a spring kit for like $10 when I did mine so all the moving parts could be fresh.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Did you replace the hose from the frame to the caliper? I thought I had a firm grip on the inside but didn't and busted the hard line. Now I need to run new from the master but still cant get the dang connection apart where the hard and soft lines meet at the frame!? Any advice?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224