Disc brakes conversions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harleyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Still having a hard time getting some kind of information on what to pull parts from to change drum brakesto disc for the rear axle on the 10 bolt rear end of my 83 need it with the emergency brake as well come to think of it my 2005 Chevy express van has disc brakes but hadn't thought of looking at them .i have noticed that some Chevy trucks came with the fisc rear end but never actually looked if it was a special edition. My wife has a 2008 Silverado z71 but it also has drum brakes saving for a motor and transmission that's why I am looking into the junk yards. Guys at the counter can't answer a question on what could possibly work thats why I'm reaching out to you guys again in case someone figured it out already thanks

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Still having a hard time getting some kind of information on what to pull parts from to change drum brakesto disc for the rear axle on the 10 bolt rear end of my 83 need it with the emergency brake as well come to think of it my 2005 Chevy express van has disc brakes but hadn't thought of looking at them .i have noticed that some Chevy trucks came with the fisc rear end but never actually looked if it was a special edition. My wife has a 2008 Silverado z71 but it also has drum brakes saving for a motor and transmission that's why I am looking into the junk yards. Guys at the counter can't answer a question on what could possibly work thats why I'm reaching out to you guys again in case someone figured it out already thanks

Well, first thing's first. If they're working behind a counter, 9 times/10 they don't know ****. Now that we've got that out of the way, time for the bread and butter. Here's the five lug write up for C-trucks:

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1610&highlight=Rear+disc+brakes+cheap

Last edited:

theBIGnaud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Vortec 350
IF you look up some after market kits whey typically have a bracket and a special disk look Here for Ideas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10