Cruise control removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
If the cruise transducer has speedo cables to remove it will require a cable for a non cruise truck.

The electronic cruise (no speedo cables) the vacuum hose and wiring harness are all in one bundle. It will have a power connector to the fuse box, a electrical connector to a brake switch h (along with a vacuum hose) a control module near the gas pedal, and a connector to the speed sensor.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
If the cruise transducer has speedo cables to remove it will require a cable for a non cruise truck.

The electronic cruise (no speedo cables) the vacuum hose and wiring harness are all in one bundle. It will have a power connector to the fuse box, a electrical connector to a brake switch h (along with a vacuum hose) a control module near the gas pedal, and a connector to the speed sensor.

^^^^^^ this must be what my 86 gmc has as there's no transducer on the fender with cables. It for sure had the wiring and the vacuum tube to the brake light switch.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Pretty messed up i go to google for a picture of the transducer and my engine bay picture shows up second with gmsquarebody.com under it.... huh!! But this is what im lookin for

You must be registered for see images attach

Nope don't have one of those. I do have a second vacuum tank/canister thing on that fender but I do not believe that its related to the cruise. Like what matt said I have a mess of wires and a larger vac line which so far I've traced to my firewall, I'll probably end up cutting it out from under the dash (really hate cutting things) but would much rather that then breaking other systems while chasing single wires here and there. Or I could just round it up and zip tie it out of the way under the hood, looks ugly but if I ever sell it (probably wont) the next owner could add it back if they wanted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm