Cruise control servo rebuild video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Hey, I was having troubles with the cruise control on our 1990 Suburban losing speed so I spent some time researching and came across this video that shows how to repair the servo. I took our servo apart and found the same issue with the degrading foam filter. I cut a new piece of foam to replace it, cleaned it all up, and now it works again. Just got back from a 5 state, 3,000 mile family vacation with the suburban and the cruise did well. Thought this video is worth sharing as the repair is fairly straight forward.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Hey, I was having troubles with the cruise control on our 1990 Suburban losing speed so I spent some time researching and came across this video that shows how to repair the servo. I took our servo apart and found the same issue with the degrading foam filter. I cut a new piece of foam to replace it, cleaned it all up, and now it works again. Just got back from a 5 state, 3,000 mile family vacation with the suburban and the cruise did well. Thought this video is worth sharing as the repair is fairly straight forward.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thank you for posting this! Gotta have a look at mine soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe