Coolant Temp - Just checking if normal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
If you have one of those laser pointer thermometer guns you can get your truck up to operating temp and use it to see if there are sections of the radiator that are cooler than others. Naturally there will be but if you have a warm line in the middle and cooler on each side, and random other warm spots you might deduct the radiator is getting plugged.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
One huge problem is people running tap water in the cooling system, its a dormant problem and takes some years but it will leave calcium deposits inside water jackets and everything else and it acts like an insulator, it also breaks off in little flakes and plugs radiators and heater cores. I delt with that nightmare with one pickup for a while.

I would look into having your radiator hot tanked and rebuilt, or maybe one of those aluminum replacements they sell now. I found this one discontinued at Carquest for almost 400 bucks and it works GREAT.

Almost forgot to mention, a coolant flush needs to be done too. Let me know if you want to know the procedure I used last summer on mine and I can explain it in detail.

You must be registered for see images attach
Always a beer in your pics, is that part of the majic too? :roflbow:

:High 5:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64