Cab Corners Idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
Alright, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've got somewhat of an idea.

I'm sure all of you are aware of the original cab corner trim pieces that were on our trucks once they came out of the factory. A lot of the times they end up tarnished and worn, so for a lot of people whenever they do their restorations they get those pesky replacement corners without the emblems at all.

WHAT IF... somebody made a vinyl decal of the original logos that were centered in the brushed aluminium pieces so that it wouldn't look so bare for a lot of the restoration guys.

Many of you may be aware that deadstock cab corners can range from 80-400 dollars.. (I've seen them priced that much before.) So this will be cheaper way to at least bring back some originality to the trucks. Plus the colors could be changed in the background too.

Only two problems I see would be getting it centered for those who get it and I reckon the licensing from GM. What do you guys think? Think it'd look pretty class or just be ugly?

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
The quality and finish of the decal would make all the difference in the world but maybe instead of a decal, use a piece of billit aluminum cut out like the original with an adhesives back might look even better.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
The quality and finish of the decal would make all the difference in the world but maybe instead of a decal, use a piece of billit aluminum cut out like the original with an adhesives back might look even better.

That's a great idea actually. Would up the price a bit, but the quality would be ultimately better and more original looking. Thing is getting someone with the machinery to make the billet emblems. I know there's a company that makes custom billet stuff but getting them to make those said pieces might would be a hassle and be expensive. Never know though. Would definitely be better for us.

billetbadges.com is the company.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I really like the billet idea J Knight. Boondock, are you thinking the bowtie logo? If you have that on your truck, go take some accurate measurements. I happen to be a CNC programmer/machinist. I could try and get something worked up. I have had an idea for a grille emblem like the earlier years with the engine size that I would like to get worked up also. My dad is our QC Manager, so I have had him digitize various things over the years so I could re-create them on my machines.

edit: I just went and checked out your build thread, and you do have the bowtie emblem. Do you own a calipers? If so, measure up that thing and send me numbers! Ideally I would love to have it in my hands as my truck has the camper special emblem, and I am not too gung ho on tring to re-create that one right now!

Last edited:

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
I really like the billet idea J Knight. Boondock, are you thinking the bowtie logo? If you have that on your truck, go take some accurate measurements. I happen to be a CNC programmer/machinist. I could try and get something worked up. I have had an idea for a grille emblem like the earlier years with the engine size that I would like to get worked up also. My dad is our QC Manager, so I have had him digitize various things over the years so I could re-create them on my machines.

edit: I just went and checked out your build thread, and you do have the bowtie emblem. Do you own a calipers? If so, measure up that thing and send me numbers! Ideally I would love to have it in my hands as my truck has the camper special emblem, and I am not too gung ho on tring to re-create that one right now!

Absolutely awesome man! And yes, I'm talking about the bowtie emblem. I don't personally have a caliper, but I know where I can get one. Just let me know what all you need measured, and I'll try to get the measurements to you as soon as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB