Question on Frame Slant under Driver's side Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesr

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bought a 1979 c10 from a guy that was near completion, but he lost interest and sat in a garage for 10 years. I started on the frame, he did a frame off restoration, but it has a lot of new surface rust from sitting in a garage for 10 years. But I am not sure if this is normal, and before I POR-15 the frame I wanted to know if I need to straighten this out. Excuse the white mess, it is the metal prep from por-15, I stopped once I noticed this. But then I checked my old 86 c10 pictures and it seems like it has the same slant in the bottom of the C. This is under the cab, Driver's side, right by the parking break cable hanger where it starts to go up. Could someone take a picture of theirs, I am curious is this bent, if so what does it need to look like. The truck drives perfect and all the body panels are straight. I can't see any evidence of a wreck or frame bent other than this part. I search the forum and found another post, they said it was not normal, but if it isn't it has to be a stress point for three trucks to have the same bend in the same place. My old C10 on the top right was for sure never wrecked it only had 43k original miles. Some pictures of yours would help me a lot, If you think it is not normal show me how it should look, Thanks guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
It was to make space for the catalytic converter. Perfectly normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod