Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3571480954.html

You must be registered for see images

#'s matching gto. This should be an easy project even for the guy that dosnt know much about cars. Interior is almost in like new condition, somebody must not have liked the back seat cause its gone ( I'm sure someone has seen it ) .Motor dosnt smoke, runs strong but its gone ( Idont think I really know where it went ) Tranny is rebuilt and shifts good but its gone too. 24237 vin and data plate. Almost sorta rock solid body, virtually no rust, mostly paint bubbles. Body is almost laser straight with a coupla small scratches ( nothing major ). Needs a few minor items like some trim ( it was good before it got bent ) front bumper, floor pans maybe a door but after that its cruisin time. Paint was in good condition before it got old. Could probably use a coupla small patch panels, maybe some larger ones too ( those are easy fixes ). Oh I forgot ,it has new tires, been on it maybe 20 yrs or so. You should probably also put in a radiator and a steering box ( I'm positive I dont know where those went ) but after that its time to hit the road after you replace the wiring harness because the rats ate thru the old one I think. Has TX title. Must see to appreciate. Once restored these cars are worth millions and millions of dollars, that said I would consider an even trade for something of equal value like a 2014 mustang , camaro or challenger. No projects. $1000 obo. Serious inquiries should include a phone #. I will not respond if you do not leave a # ( I dont text ). hot rod, street rod, rat rod, classic american muscle, truck, chevy, ford

I guess that is someone idea of being funny?

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
That thing has been for sale for a long time first time I seen it guy wanted like 10k for it

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

You remember my old rides thread? My dad had a '69 just like that with the utility bed only forest green. 350 with the manual 5 speed. No power brakes or steering. Loaded to **** with tools and torch and welder for running around fixing heavy equipment on job sites. He ran that thing to about ten years like that. Beat the **** out that truck, and himself. Thanks for posting that, that brings back good memories. The first pickup truck I ever drove was that truck. We were in the woods and he stood out side the truck and let me put it in granny gear and idle along and he walked along side me. I was like 14.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
You remember my old rides thread? My dad had a '69 just like that with the utility bed only forest green. 350 with the manual 5 speed. No power brakes or steering. Loaded to **** with tools and torch and welder for running around fixing heavy equipment on job sites. He ran that thing to about ten years like that. Beat the **** out that truck, and himself. Thanks for posting that, that brings back good memories. The first pickup truck I ever drove was that truck. We were in the woods and he stood out side the truck and let me put it in granny gear and idle along and he walked along side me. I was like 14.

Yeah dude I was thinking of your dads truck when I saw it. Funny story, first time I ever drove anything I was probably 14 and my dad let me drive his 76 he's still driving today. I remember it like yesterday, we were moving to the extremely secluded area of New Mexico they live in now, it was just a little two track road covered in brush. I could barely keep it in the tracks!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

My Dad has a 69 like that for a short time too with that same Utility Box. Had a 292 SM420 Granny 4 speed in it. He sold the Utility bed off of, we bought a standard long bed and it didn't fit right. There as about a 8-10 inch gap between bed and cab. :rofl: We were going to shorten the frame, then found my dad's 68 3/4 Ton for the price was it going to cost to shorten the frame. I rebuilt a 283 and Th350 for it eventually and that thing ran foever and was running great the day we sold it. Had also sold the 69 GMC shortly after getting the 68 Chev. Only had the 69 GMC total of about a year and a half.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Oh, yah, my dads had the 4 speed, not 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello