Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Boy, that thing has seen some parts swapping hasn't it? Have any idea how it ended up with '82-'84 bumpers and GFX on it?

At any rate, I like it. And more importantly, the wife likes it! She has wanted a blue '85-'87 for over 10 years but we have never got one. I'm going to see what I can do to make this happen. Do you think the car might make the trip here without much issue? I know it's always best to bring the trailer, but that would triple the fuel costs.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'd imagine that big crew cab is grossly under powered.... :shrug:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Is that an Olds 350? That truck needs more cubes.

You'd be surprised how well an Olds 350 runs. Of course that one, being blue, appears to be one of the mid - 77 models and is grossly detuned. Unless he's got some earlier heads and mild cam in it and a wholelotta gear in it, he isn't moving much.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You'd be surprised how well an Olds 350 runs. Of course that one, being blue, appears to be one of the mid - 77 models and is grossly detuned. Unless he's got some earlier heads and mild cam in it and a wholelotta gear in it, he isn't moving much.

The ad said 4.56 gears, but I'm sure it could really use a lot more. Or about 100 more cubic inches.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The ad said 4.56 gears, but I'm sure it could really use a lot more. Or about 100 more cubic inches.

With those tires, he needs to be well into the 5's on ratio, and yep a Fo Fitty Five would be a whole lot better. Olds makes for great truck motors. Lots of low end torque. Without work, they don't like high rpm though. Oil Restriction at the bare minimum to run 5500rpm consistantly. Anything more than that, you better consider strapping the mains or a girdle.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Boy, that thing has seen some parts swapping hasn't it? Have any idea how it ended up with '82-'84 bumpers and GFX on it?

At any rate, I like it. And more importantly, the wife likes it! She has wanted a blue '85-'87 for over 10 years but we have never got one. I'm going to see what I can do to make this happen. Do you think the car might make the trip here without much issue? I know it's always best to bring the trailer, but that would triple the fuel costs.

Haha, I've been trying to figure out the GFX thing since I bought it. They've been on there for quite some time it looks like. I'm fairly certain the whole car was repainted when they were put on. I started tracking down the pieces to switch it back, but they grew on me when I realized they don't drag in every dip like the 85-87 GFX.

And holy crap,Yahoo maps says it's almost a 13 hour drive from Beloit to West Chester! I feel fairly comfortable saying the car would make it without much trouble if the tires were replaced. I've taken it on an hour or so drive several times and it's never given me any trouble. I guess you would for sure find any weak links...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Haha, I've been trying to figure out the GFX thing since I bought it. They've been on there for quite some time it looks like. I'm fairly certain the whole car was repainted when they were put on. I started tracking down the pieces to switch it back, but they grew on me when I realized they don't drag in every dip like the 85-87 GFX.

And holy crap,Yahoo maps says it's almost a 13 hour drive from Beloit to West Chester! I feel fairly comfortable saying the car would make it without much trouble if the tires were replaced. I've taken it on an hour or so drive several times and it's never given me any trouble. I guess you would for sure find any weak links...

It's actually over 14 hours, I'm not in West Chester. Looks like a really easy drive though, it's just I70 most of the way. I've went further for a car before, bought a Camaro up in South Dakota and a Celebrity down in Florida.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It's actually over 14 hours, I'm not in West Chester. Looks like a really easy drive though, it's just I70 most of the way. I've went further for a car before, bought a Camaro up in South Dakota and a Celebrity down in Florida.

Not sure why I put West Chester in my post :crazy: I knew it was West Jefferson and that's what I looked up. Lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hmm...methinks I should give this guy a call. I've been looking for a crewcab. Probably a rust bucket, but it'd be worth it just for the axles.

http://salina.craigslist.org/cto/3125502015.html

It's been gutted I'll assure you. Body Frame and Box only, 4wheel Drive, tells me it's a rusted up worthless body and they robbed all the powertrain including axles for an off road truck build.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It's been gutted I'll assure you. Body Frame and Box only, 4wheel Drive, tells me it's a rusted up worthless body and they robbed all the powertrain including axles for an off road truck build.

That's the impression I got from the ad too.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well bummer. I was hoping for a steal on a front Dana 60. :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics