Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

OHhhh man that pic with that kid under that thing just freaks me the fugg out. I don't like that ****. I hate that ****. I'll be having fuggin nightmares now. Just not fuggin cool !!! NEVER FUGGIN EVER ASK A KID TO STAND UNDER A VEHICLE to act as if it's cool. NEVER !!!

It just strikes a nerve with me. My daughters mother has a cousin who was in a lifted truck and backed over his kid in the driveway and killed him instantly. Later that night, he couldn't handle what he'd done to his son and he committed suicide with a letter requesting to be buried with his son in the same grave. So that family lost 2 loved ones in one night.

Before that incident, I had an incident myself letting a car roll back out of driveway to lift a garage door. A 2 1/2 yo family friend, seen me get in the car, but wanted his ball under the car. The motor wasn't running, so he thought it was safe. The car rolled back up his hand and arm all the way to his head and his head was like a wheel chock. Luckily I was just rolling the car back a couple feet and had stopped the car not even realizing it was on top of this kid. Thank God, other than the tire tread mark up his arm and on his cheek, no broken bones or permanent damage. Young kids are like rubber balls thankfully.

I"ve raised my kids, YOU NEVER play in a driveway behind cars. You never play behind cars, you never leave a bike or toys behind cars. And don't let your friends do it either.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think I've about given up on a K5 and just going to be a Burb. I actaully prefer a Burb anyway. The only reason I want a K5 is to take the top off, but I prefer the length of a Burb. Even when you do see an affordable K5, the thing a junk yard bound POS. I actually prefer a 3/4 ton drivetrain anyway. Maybe I'll find a K20/2500 Burb or a Nice K10/1500 Burb that I can swap the 3/4 ton axles into.

I wish Jims was closer dammit. I still want it but.... Hopefully Jim has his wife talked into keeping it anyway. I think Jims hot ticket to sell the wife is to go for the 4L80-e conversion with controller like 1Low did to his truck. The bad part is the initial conversion cost.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Peer pressure like that made me remove the red deflector I had last week.

Filling my tank of I don't give a **** never felt so good.

Posted From Hell

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Peer pressure like that made me remove the red deflector I had last week.

Filling my tank of I don't give a **** never felt so good.

Posted From Hell

:rofl: I was being serious about calling the guy. I thought maybe he'd have a full width one and maybe even a different color that would go better with Silvy. A Smoke one would look cool with the silver.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
:rofl: I was being serious about calling the guy. I thought maybe he'd have a full width one and maybe even a different color that would go better with Silvy. A Smoke one would look cool with the silver.

I have a green one for him LOL.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ford Bronco Centurion.

I saw one of those a few weeks ago. First one I've seen in years.

I've got a smoke one for him.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I saw one of those a few weeks ago. First one I've seen in years.

I've got a smoke one for him.

A full width smoke one would look good on Silvy.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
A full width smoke one would look good on Silvy.

Unfortunately it's not a full width one. But I'm hoping I can find one before we meet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486