Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size

Now Retro, why would you want to do that? I'm looking at these vehicles and I see potential. I'm in Colorado and anywhere between 25% and 40% of the time mother nature thinks everything should be frozen, and that is just april. I drive my K5 and it does not like to stop on icy roads and I see these fine specimens and I know how they can add a bit of security in those winter months.

First, you buy both of them and take those rims off. Then you head to lowes or home depot to get a good, long length of chain. Next, you hook that chain to the frame during the winter months and when stopping becomes an issue you have the passenger boot those rims out the rear and use them as an anchor to decrease stopping distance. Saves you some stress and keeps everyone safe!

Now say you become stranded in the snow. Well thankfully you stripped the interior of the car that looks like a bubble, not the one that looks like a lime green turd. Now you have kindling to help you in the most desperate of situations. Start that stuff on fire and stay warm while ridding the world of an eyesore ! The fire can signal for help or keep you warm to find civilization. Win-win.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Now Retro, why would you want to do that? I'm looking at these vehicles and I see potential. I'm in Colorado and anywhere between 25% and 40% of the time mother nature thinks everything should be frozen, and that is just april. I drive my K5 and it does not like to stop on icy roads and I see these fine specimens and I know how they can add a bit of security in those winter months.

First, you buy both of them and take those rims off. Then you head to lowes or home depot to get a good, long length of chain. Next, you hook that chain to the frame during the winter months and when stopping becomes an issue you have the passenger boot those rims out the rear and use them as an anchor to decrease stopping distance. Saves you some stress and keeps everyone safe!

Now say you become stranded in the snow. Well thankfully you stripped the interior of the car that looks like a bubble, not the one that looks like a lime green turd. Now you have kindling to help you in the most desperate of situations. Start that stuff on fire and stay warm while ridding the world of an eyesore ! The fire can signal for help or keep you warm to find civilization. Win-win.

:lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hmm, looks like it has the small hump in the floor. I wonder if it's actually a 3 speed and was converted to floor shift.

That's was I was thinking too, but the ad says 4 speed. Of course that means nothing. Get out there and be told it is a 4 speed. 3 forward speeds and 1 reverse speed. Deeta Dee !!!

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
That's was I was thinking too, but the ad says 4 speed. Of course that means nothing. Get out there and be told it is a 4 speed. 3 forward speeds and 1 reverse speed. Deeta Dee !!!

My brother and I always joke around about selling his broken 200-4R as a "Chevy 3 speed auto" on Craigslist. Figure they'd think we were idiots and clueless. Truth is, it has no 2nd gear, so it really is a 3 speed! :D

We would never actually do it, but I thought it was funny.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My brother and I always joke around about selling his broken 200-4R as a "Chevy 3 speed auto" on Craigslist. Figure they'd think we were idiots and clueless. Truth is, it has no 2nd gear, so it really is a 3 speed! :D

:rofl:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

For a fact that's happened. I thought I FIANLLY came across a 200-4r once. It was with an Olds 403 motor and Th200-4r the ******* listed as 403/Th400 for $100. The ******* worked nights, and would not let me pick it up when his wife there. So he agreed to meet with me on his day off 2 days away. Called the ***** up, he sold the day before to some guy that came in he day time. That ******* listed the Th400 which was a 200-4r ONLY for $150 and runs. I knew he paid $100 for both motor and trans and was selling the trans ONLY for $150. I probably would have too. But I caught the guy in a lie when he said HE PULLED IT Out of his Impala and it shifted great. :rofl: I responded back with, No you didn't, you bought that with a 403 motor for $100 2 days ago, and it's been sitting in that guys garage for over a year and he didn't know if it worked or not cuz it came out of his grandpa's Olds. Soooo how about selling me 200-4r trans core for $50. :rofl: Then he replied it's not a Turbo 200 it's a Turbo 400 and no I won't take $50 for it. 2 days after that, the ad was changed to 200-4r for $100, and I again sent email. Ahhhh someone showed up to buy it and was pissed it was a 200-4r huh? So how about sell it to me for $50, he responded **** YOU. A week later it was dropped to $75 and then the ad disappeared, so maybe he finally sold it. I've often wanted to build a 200-4r

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
http://killeen.craigslist.org/zip/3724541809.html

K-5/Jimmy blazer rear cargo cap (Copperas Cove)

+
-