Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I hope to be able to afford a complete Dakota Digital set when the time comes.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I was thinking about digital, as it would compliment the climate control I'll be using, but it looks too aftermarket. Besides the ECC came out of a car with analog gauges, so it doesn't matter.

The DD gauges sure look nice though.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I'm thinking about one of these...The dash is too small to add a factory Heads Up Display of some type and one of the things I really miss about my Cutlasses was the HUD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUD-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb160b67d

I had a HUD and a digital dash in my 1992 convertible, one time I got stopped for speeding (I wasn't, really) and I told the cop that there was no way, as my car has THREE speedometers.

He was like "********, no car has three speedometers."

So I said "OK, if I prove it, you don't write a ticket, deal?"

"Deal!"

He sat in the driver's seat and I pointed to the instrument cluster showing a DIGITAL readout as well as a BAR GRAPH. Then I pointed up at the windshield and showed him the HUD.

"There's three."

"Now THAT is BADASS!"

He'd never been in a car with HUD before. I went on to explain that Oldsmobile was the first car to ever get it, with Nissan close behind.

I didn't get a ticket, he actually held true to his word.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm thinking about one of these...The dash is too small to add a factory Heads Up Display of some type and one of the things I really miss about my Cutlasses was the HUD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUD-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb160b67d

I had a HUD and a digital dash in my 1992 convertible, one time I got stopped for speeding (I wasn't, really) and I told the cop that there was no way, as my car has THREE speedometers.

He was like "********, no car has three speedometers."

So I said "OK, if I prove it, you don't write a ticket, deal?"

"Deal!"

He sat in the driver's seat and I pointed to the instrument cluster showing a DIGITAL readout as well as a BAR GRAPH. Then I pointed up at the windshield and showed him the HUD.

"There's three."

"Now THAT is BADASS!"

He'd never been in a car with HUD before. I went on to explain that Oldsmobile was the first car to ever get it, with Nissan close behind.

I didn't get a ticket, he actually held true to his word.

Pontiac also used HUD on some Grand Prix's GT's as an option, and all GTP's and even the GXP's in the newest body style. Also in the Superchardged SSEi Bonnevilles.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yep, first Pontiac to get it was the 1989 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix. :D GM had the HUD market to themselves for a LONG time. But Olds still had it first in the 1988 Cutlass Supreme Pace Car.

I have a 1991-93 GP HUD to one day install in my van (as it uses a similar dash) but just haven't got around to it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I hope to be able to afford a complete Dakota Digital set when the time comes.

I can say it really sets off the rest of my interior. If I had stock style gauges in there it'd look nice but the digitals really look nice! Definitely worth the money IMO. :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Nice, that's a jack right there. And one of those older kind that are hard to kill, and probably uses basic O-Rings for seals. As long as the pistons don't pit, and you don't get mositure in the cylinder that thing will last forever. Wonder why its in the Houston CL when Richmond is a sub of Dallas. Or I am confused again?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, I been chompin at the bit to tell something, but I can't. I don't wanna jinx it. I promise. I'll spill it by Monday morning, no matter the outcome, if I get it or not.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Nice, that's a jack right there. And one of those older kind that are hard to kill, and probably uses basic O-Rings for seals. As long as the pistons don't pit, and you don't get mositure in the cylinder that thing will last forever. Wonder why its in the Houston CL when Richmond is a sub of Dallas. Or I am confused again?

I think you're thinking of Richardson. :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
BTW, I been chompin at the bit to tell something, but I can't. I don't wanna jinx it. I promise. I'll spill it by Monday morning, no matter the outcome, if I get it or not.

I think I know what this post is about, if you don't up with it your crazy!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think I know what this post is about, if you don't up with it your crazy!

Yes, you do know what its about per PM's, BUT, don't JINX if for me. If I don't get it, it won't be because of me, it will be because of the seller. Him and I have been coresponding back and forth by text and email. He is to be back in town Sat Night, and I am to meet him at 10am at his house 30 minutes away Sunday morning. I've got his home address and phone # now, so far all is systems go. Cash is just about in hand and ready. Just gotta stop by the ATM and get the rest of it. I just hope some other idiot doesn't show up, or the guy backs out or whatever. As I said, I am all in on the deal and ready. Only he can screw it up for me. And I don't want to mention it in case some local guy is watching my threads as he usually does. He's not a member here yet, and may not ever be, but the dude follows me around to differant forums and reads my posts and I don't want him finding the ad. So keep it SHHHHHHHHHH for me please.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew45