Brighter aftermarket headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Yes cheap h4s
And I will do that today
Hope it works cuz I'm annoyed by how bad they look

Truckdrivermike

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 10
Engine Size
So I don't know if you guys are still on here but wanted to ask. Does changing the pins on both factory and harness take care of the issue? I'm getting frustrated with my new lights. Also should I get new bulbs the ones I got from octane lighting seem dim are they jnk bulbs?

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I don't know if you guys are still on here but wanted to ask. Does changing the pins on both factory and harness take care of the issue? I'm getting frustrated with my new lights. Also should I get new bulbs the ones I got from octane lighting seem dim are they jnk bulbs?
I'm still hanging around. What headlights do you have?

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Tapatalk

Truckdrivermike

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 10
Engine Size
I bought blue Led halo lights from octane lighting. I changed the pins on the factory plug that plugs into the harness. I can still see an orange glow on the filament on the high beam. Then when I switch the high beam on I have the same glow on the pass side low beam and actual light on the driver's side high beam light.

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bought blue Led halo lights from octane lighting. I changed the pins on the factory plug that plugs into the harness. I can still see an orange glow on the filament on the high beam. Then when I switch the high beam on I have the same glow on the pass side low beam and actual light on the driver's side high beam light.
Yeah sounds like its back feeding somewhere like mine was. I think i had to swap a wire or two on the harness also but its been so long i cant remember. Post a picture of your factory plug going into the relay harness plug. Maybe i can compare my harness wiring to yours to get yours the same.

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Tapatalk

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Those blue headlights suck! Especially when you have to look at them on oncoming vehicles. On lifted trucks they are even worse as the lights are lifted too.
Bob

Yeah. If you lift your truck, common sense says you must re-aim your headlights.
Ummmm...
Oh yeah, plus it's against the law not to.
Round here I've heard of dudes getting pulled over because of blue headlights. Like a 10000k light?
That too is against the law.

Only white or amber from the front of a vehicle.

Blue headlights SUCKKK.

But it's a bolt on cash eater that requires no skill or knowledge - what are you gonna do? I think it's a fad and will pass. Cops can only write so many tickets and it's clearly illegal.

Last edited:

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hella lamps for approx $90/pair are still 55/60 watt, but use an H4 bulb and much better lens and reflector than sealed beams. The Euro versions have an even better beam pattern, if you can find them. For some reason the DOT doesn't like the Euro lens.

No new wiring or connectors are required, however using relays always gains you 0.5v or more to the bulbs. You can use slightly higher wattage bulbs, but you may find you don't need them.

http://www.myhellalights.com/index....dlamps/4-x6-rectangular-conversion-headlamps/

You must be registered for see images attach

I've used a few sets of Hella and Cibie headlamps over the years, and they simply blow away sealed beams, and probably the aftermarket lamps that cost $50/pair. Also, there is a difference in a name brand H7 bulb, and a no-name Chinese import.

And I don't want to start an argument here, but blue-tinted bulbs filter out light in other spectrums. So you end up losing red, orange, and yellow. More info: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html

Last edited:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I have the Hella H4 round headlights in my truck with the euro beam. Very nice. I'm using the LMC headlight harness and some 55/100W bulbs. I thought this was the best since I drive a lot at night. Low beams are still legal, and the high beams are very bright. I didn't want to add off road lights like I've done in the past.

picture.php

This was just the right headlight. Notice the nice sharp cutoff pattern:
picture.php

Last edited:

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have the Hella H4 round headlights in my truck with the euro beam.

Looks great! The cheapies don't have the sharp cutoff or focus that the Hellas have. I should take a picture of my rectangular sealed beam pattern. I'm sure the light would be scattered all over the door! I may someday get a pair of the rectangular Hellas for my truck, but I rarely drive it at night.

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I have the Hella H4 round headlights in my truck with the euro beam. Very nice. I'm using the LMC headlight harness and some 55/100W bulbs.

picture.php

This was just the right headlight. Notice the nice sharp cutoff pattern:
picture.php

That looks awesome. Ima look into THAT for sure! There's no 'halo' involved, is there? Because that is ***** as folk!

Last edited:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Nope, no halo. What you see in the one picture of the headlights off is just the glass material itself. The headlight is flat with some thick glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus