Bolt question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jukes14

Reaction score
First Name
Brody
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
6.0L
Hey guys. I'm getting ready to bolt my TH400 4x4 transmission up to my 2002 6.0L (LQ4) I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the exact bolts needed to bolt the transmission bell housing up to the engine block. And also the exact bolts needed to bolt up the torque converter to the engine.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hey guys. I'm getting ready to bolt my TH400 4x4 transmission up to my 2002 6.0L (LQ4) I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the exact bolts needed to bolt the transmission bell housing up to the engine block. And also the exact bolts needed to bolt up the torque converter to the engine.

I'd be guessing and giving info for a standard small block so to be sure, I bet @foamypirate would be the go to guy to answer your question on this.

You're torque converter is going to have the bolt to lugs on it? And no the flat plates like the heavier duty Th350 converter had where you use both bolt and nut? If it's the Th400 bolt lugs, it should be standard pitch 3/8 bolts and I'd used at least Grade 5 bolts, Grade 8 even better. I'm not sure of that flexplate on the 6.0 so I'd hate to guess at the length. If it were standard small block I'd go with about 3/4 inch in length.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E

Bellhousing bolts are M10x1.5x35mm.

Torque converter will be standard TH400, not sure what they are (maybe 3/8 like HRPC mentioned).

Do you already have the flat flex plate and crank spacer?

Jukes14

Reaction score
First Name
Brody
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
6.0L
@foamypirate

I don't believe I have the flat flex plate. The centre area where the flex plate bolts to the crank is sunk in slightly compared to the rest of the flex plate. So I assume I will need a flat plate as you said with the crank spacer?

Thanks for the help! Greatly appreciated

Would you be able to give me a part # or a link to the correct flex plate and spacer needed

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
@foamypirate

I don't believe I have the flat flex plate. The centre area where the flex plate bolts to the crank is sunk in slightly compared to the rest of the flex plate. So I assume I will need a flat plate as you said with the crank spacer?

Thanks for the help! Greatly appreciated

Would you be able to give me a part # or a link to the correct flex plate and spacer needed

I bought mine from Pace Performance. They are GM genuine parts. If yours is just a slight dip, small in diameter in the center, it might be the flat flex plate. I'll go snag a picture of the dished 5.3L flex plate for comparison.

http://paceperformance.com/i-514638...ngines-with-11-75-bolt-pattern-converter.html

Last edited:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Alright, here is the dished 5.3L flex plate. If this is the flex plate you have, you'll need the flex plate and spacer kit from PACE. Otherwise, you should be good. You can always double check and see if you have a spacer behind the flywheel already, if you have any doubts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3517.jpg
    IMG_3517.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 215

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads