Busted Alternator Bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Not to speak for Rob, but the quick answer is it's still at my shop and we haven't gotten to it yet. We've been super backed up and I've been out a lot with some personal life stuff going on. Oh and BTW @RustyPile We do a special discount for forum members.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Not to speak for Rob, but the quick answer is it's still at my shop and we haven't gotten to it yet. We've been super backed up and I've been out a lot with some personal life stuff going on. Oh and BTW @RustyPile We do a special discount for forum members.
Why wouldn't you speak for Rob?

EDIT: @SirRobyn0 I see that you were meaning the OP of this thread, whose name is also Rob. I was wondering why you were responding in third person...lol...

Last edited:

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
I'm in Texas, do you make house calls, or offer discounts on towing??

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Good to remember if i ever break down near you!!

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Good to remember if i ever break down near you!!
Long drive for you in the square, I'd do it though I like being in the cab of my truck, a lot more than a lot of these modern cars and trucks for sure!

For anyone interested the "basic forum discount" is 10% off parts and labor, but I ALWAYS work in more, shave a bit off the labor or do something out right for free like sorting out vacuum lines or whatever. I do get back logged, but I really try to take good care of the forum members when they come to the shop.

C10_Blackie

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@C10_Blackie We're all curious, I sure am.. How did this project turn out?? Did you pay that shop an arm and a leg to remove that broken bolt and replace it, or, were you able to repair it yourself???

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you - I haven't logged in in a while. I see Rob already answered and yeah, it's still at the shop and there are a number of issues that will have to be dealt with. Rob has been busy - as he said - but I've assured him that I'm in no rush at all.

Rob has been super great at communication and there's been a lot that needed to be worked out. Rob has also been really cost-conscious and has offered a lot of valuable advice. Everything he's quoted me on so far has been more than fair.

I visited the shop again a couple of weeks ago to drop off a part and noticed that there were two other square bodies parked out back along with mine - I don't know whether or not those are customer trucks but either way it's a real good indicator that I picked the right shop. I also noticed they they had a couple of high-end projects underway so they've obviously earned a lot of serious customer trust. For those of you who are unfamiliar this is Luke's Redmond Automotive in Redmond, WA.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm in Texas, do you make house calls, or offer discounts on towing??
That's a hell of long tow, but I do know a company that would do it. Then you'd just have to fly in when it's done!
@RustyPile , maybe he can hit both of us if he makes house calls?

Randy and E
If I was a single man and didn't have to work a day job, I'd load my tools up and take a trip in the square down to see ya both. That would actually be a lot of fun. But since I'm not single, and I do need to work a day job I just don't see it happening.....

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you - I haven't logged in in a while. I see Rob already answered and yeah, it's still at the shop and there are a number of issues that will have to be dealt with. Rob has been busy - as he said - but I've assured him that I'm in no rush at all.

Rob has been super great at communication and there's been a lot that needed to be worked out. Rob has also been really cost-conscious and has offered a lot of valuable advice. Everything he's quoted me on so far has been more than fair.

I visited the shop again a couple of weeks ago to drop off a part and noticed that there were two other square bodies parked out back along with mine - I don't know whether or not those are customer trucks but either way it's a real good indicator that I picked the right shop. I also noticed they they had a couple of high-end projects underway so they've obviously earned a lot of serious customer trust. For those of you who are unfamiliar this is Luke's Redmond Automotive in Redmond, WA.
IDK which day you were there, but for some reason square bodies are attracted to the shop. It's rare when we don't have one in there. But right now it's only you. There is a guy at the instrument shop (not automotive instrument type shop) he's got an old 70's C20 that's had the snot beat out of it you may have seen that. And if you were there on the right day, my square is there every Thursday and more often if needed. It's tan with a black softopper on the bed. Next time your there if you want you can take a look around my truck if I have it there.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
That's a hell of long tow, but I do know a company that would do it. Then you'd just have to fly in when it's done!

If I was a single man and didn't have to work a day job, I'd load my tools up and take a trip in the square down to see ya both. That would actually be a lot of fun. But since I'm not single, and I do need to work a day job I just don't see it happening.....
Yeah, but does that company offer us forum members a discount?? That's what "triggered" my comment..

As for your road trip to Texas -- Forget about bringing any tools.. Between the 3 of us, we got plenty.. Can't you sweet talk some forum member to fill in for you.. How hard is it to run herd on a bunch of mechanics?? :gathering::insane::jester::party36::sleepy::sleepy10:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Yeah, but does that company offer us forum members a discount?? That's what "triggered" my comment..

As for your road trip to Texas -- Forget about bringing any tools.. Between the 3 of us, we got plenty.. Can't you sweet talk some forum member to fill in for you.. How hard is it to run herd on a bunch of mechanics?? :gathering::insane::jester::party36::sleepy::sleepy10:
Those emoji's are about how I feel some days at the shop. What I have learned from the various shops I've managed. My primary job is answering questions and putting out fires.

The company we use for towing does not specifically give a forum discount, but they give 10% off for invoices billed to the shop and I'd pass that along to the forum member. I'd be willing to bet they will want mileage both ways, and motels for the driver though.

If I came down there the only thing I'd want is a booze account lol.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Those emoji's are about how I feel some days at the shop. What I have learned from the various shops I've managed. My primary job is answering questions and putting out fires.

The company we use for towing does not specifically give a forum discount, but they give 10% off for invoices billed to the shop and I'd pass that along to the forum member. I'd be willing to bet they will want mileage both ways, and motels for the driver though.

If I came down there the only thing I'd want is a booze account lol.
Rob, You do realize I was joking about you making house calls.. But if you're intent on coming to Texas, I can hook you up with a guy that makes his own booze.. Black berries ready for pickin' and mayhaws will be ripe next month.. His stuff made from those berries will.........curl.........your.........toes....

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Rob, You do realize I was joking about you making house calls.. But if you're intent on coming to Texas, I can hook you up with a guy that makes his own booze.. Black berries ready for pickin' and mayhaws will be ripe next month.. His stuff made from those berries will.........curl.........your.........toes....
Yes I know you were joking, and I'm half joking / half dreaming. I ain't coming.... I use to have a friend in McMinnville Oregon that use to make black berry brandy. I loved that stuff. IDK the proof but it was soooo strong.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Yes I know you were joking, and I'm half joking / half dreaming. I ain't coming.... I use to have a friend in McMinnville Oregon that use to make black berry brandy. I loved that stuff. IDK the proof but it was soooo strong.
This guy's stuff ain't brandy --- it's East Texas 'shine.... Puts it up by the quart, in a Mason jar...

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
This guy's stuff ain't brandy --- it's East Texas 'shine.... Puts it up by the quart, in a Mason jar...
Well IDK how much trouble this would get us in but I'll take a quart shipped! Oh and it wasn't brandy, I asked my wife because I wasn't 100% sure on that and she said it was rum, and that's right. It's been that long since he moved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod