Body Lift Bumper Bracket Fabrication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Altoids94

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 1500
Engine Size
Does anyone know if anyone fabs body lift bumper brackets and where I can buy them? I bought my 1980 shortbox and recently purchased a rear bumper to fit on it to be only disappointed that the 3" body lift that was previously installed makes a big ugly gap! I have looked around for these brackets with no luck. If not does someone have some pictures of there 3" body lift brackets so I can fab them up myself? Thanks!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't think any are available. Every squarebody truck I've ever seen with a body lift just has had low hanging bumpers. Closest thing I know of are some custom front (heavy duty style) bumpers can be ordered to accommodate a body lift.

yeol1

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Contact ORD(off road design) if anyone will have anything it will be them

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I think there is cause I see trucks for sale on line with 3 inch body lifts and they have no issues with the bumper from the pics they post

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
cut the front 3'' of the frame off (frame horn is what I call it)

move it up 2'' or 3'' what ever size body lift you have then weld it back on and brace it

before you ask about how strong or weak it is how strong do you think a cheesy bracket is

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
keep in mind the front bumper is considered a frame cross member. it must be just as strong as stock and it must have the outer kickers. without those kickers it could allow your frame to start walking during high stress turning. I even put them on with homebuilt or aftermarket bumpers. highdesertranger

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
cut the front 3'' of the frame off (frame horn is what I call it)

move it up 2'' or 3'' what ever size body lift you have then weld it back on and brace it

before you ask about how strong or weak it is how strong do you think a cheesy bracket is

My PO did that with both bumpers and now I have to crawl under there and cut all the welds to replace the bumpers. Don't do it if you ever plan on taking that body lift off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Rear brackets are all over the web, summit, jegs, 4wheelparts, etc but none for the front. If it were mine I would fabricate them.

Altoids94

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 1500
Engine Size
Rear brackets are all over the web, summit, jegs, 4wheelparts, etc but none for the front. If it were mine I would fabricate them.

Still can't find the rear brackets you are talking about on there websites. Any chance you have the link to them? Contacted ORD, they do not fab them. Guess I may have to break out the welder.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Hmmm.... didn't check that myself. Have you by chance called summit or jegs, and asked them directly if they have brackets for your application. Having dealt with similar parts for older jeeps, I know a lot of the times they have access to those parts, but don't list stuff for older model vehicles to save space for all the new vehicles in the catalogs.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Yeah after closer inspection what I thought I was seeing were bumper gap guards. Might have to fabricate them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartantx117