Bench seat adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
I just bought the truck a few months ago and I haven't driven it vey much. I have the stock bench seat adjusted all the way back and it's not very comfortable as far as my leg position. I'm 6' tall so I would think I would have more leg room. The truck's an 86 with a standard cab. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I just bought the truck a few months ago and I haven't driven it vey much. I have the stock bench seat adjusted all the way back and it's not very comfortable as far as my leg position. I'm 6' tall so I would think I would have more leg room. The truck's an 86 with a standard cab. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

I am 6'4" and have always wished for more room too.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Good, glad I'm not the only one who feels cramped. I'm 6' 2" with 34" inseam and my right knee is only 2 or 3 finger widths from the column shifter when in OD. I can't even shift to 1st without contorting a bit. The gas pedal angle gets uncomfortable, too.

With the limited interior space, I doubt there isn't much we can do about it.

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
Thanks for the replies, at least I'm not the only one, I didn't think I would be. The steering wheel is kind of close too but my main problem is the gas pedal position too. It's just to close which makes it uncomfortable after driving a little while. I guess we just have to live with it. I had a 91 regular cab and I don't remember it being like that, but it's a different body style too.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Thanks for the replies, at least I'm not the only one, I didn't think I would be. The steering wheel is kind of close too but my main problem is the gas pedal position too. It's just to close which makes it uncomfortable after driving a little while. I guess we just have to live with it. I had a 91 regular cab and I don't remember it being like that, but it's a different body style too.

Yeah, my dad's 90 something has more leg room than my '87.

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
I'll have to look at it when the weather warms up a little like next week sometime. Maybe I can move the seat a little further back that's all I need. After moving it all the way back it moves a little forward it seems after locking in place. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
6'2" here, always been comfortable in my '74 with the bench all the way back. Only thing I wished was that the vinyl seat was breathable during the hot summers.
Beyond that, only thing thats uncomfortable is holding the throttle on a long highway drive.

Last edited:

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
That's good to hear, because your cab should be the same size as mine. I'll have to look at how much room I have behind the seat when it's all the way back. My truck has the stock bench seat, so I don't think it's been tampered with.

J011YGR33N

Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Carb 350
I know that this is an old thread, but looks like you could gain 3-4” of legroom by modifying the bench frame and or relocating where the seat mounts to the floor. That’s my plan when I get around to it. I’m 6’6” so it will be a must. I may look at adjusting the gas pedal so it doesn’t ride so high. Im sure welding will be involved but it’ll be worth it in the end.

sqtrk

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
We're you able to find a solution. I have an 86 and am 6'2" and have a bad back so would really like to get a little more room. My seat back is 3-4 inches from the back window so I hope there is a way to improve the situation.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
511, and not enough legroom either. Glad to know my seat similar with 4” to spare between cab and seat back. I plan to scoot it backwards somehow, probably welding required.

T-roy K10

Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mine is even worse than usual. The previous owner installed newer model cushy high back seats that take up a significant amount of room. I’m only 5’9” and it feels like my legs are bent under me.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels