Bench Seat Foam Fitment Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurdTaco64

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My 86 has buckets out of god knows what that I don't really care for. My plan was to buy a used bench seat, re-foam and re-cover it, so I grabbed a seat out of an 81 from CL to do just that. Turns out I didn't look close enough at LMC to realize that they don't offer the seat back foam for 81-86 seats. My question is has anyone bought the 73-80 back and bottom foam set and gotten it to work on 81+? My other thought was get rid of this bench, grab a pre 81 and get the foam set and upholstery and put that in as after some research I've gathered that it would bolt in fine. I know the seatbelts are configured a bit different, but could I install the early seatbelts as well? FWIW I'm planning on getting upholstery from B62 Upholstery if anyone has experience with them.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
My 86 has buckets out of god knows what that I don't really care for. My plan was to buy a used bench seat, re-foam and re-cover it, so I grabbed a seat out of an 81 from CL to do just that. Turns out I didn't look close enough at LMC to realize that they don't offer the seat back foam for 81-86 seats. My question is has anyone bought the 73-80 back and bottom foam set and gotten it to work on 81+? My other thought was get rid of this bench, grab a pre 81 and get the foam set and upholstery and put that in as after some research I've gathered that it would bolt in fine. I know the seatbelts are configured a bit different, but could I install the early seatbelts as well? FWIW I'm planning on getting upholstery from B62 Upholstery if anyone has experience with them.
Emily.. at B62 Upholstery did my bench seat, Good quality but not cheap! You get what you pay for.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag