Bench seat latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JM in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic
Engine Size
I’m helping a neighbor dress up his ‘76 C10. I have a question about the bench seat latch. My ‘87 does not have a latch, so this is new for me.

The latch lever attached to the upper, mobile part of the seat appears to work well. However, on both sides, there is no bolt (pin?) in the lower part of the seat for it to latch onto. There’s a hole in the fabric and I can see threads for a bolt.

What size bolt goes in there? Is there some fancy bolt I need to get to replace them? Anybody got a photo?

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
This is what we did to make it work. We got the cable from LMC and did some add ons to make it work because LMC did not sell a specific cable for the 76. It works ok. Takes a little butt shaking to get both sides to latch in place.

Attachments

• IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6649.jpeg
    IMG_6649.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6650.jpeg
    IMG_6650.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 33

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
So you're saying there's a latch of some kind on the seat back? Like how modern cars have a release on the seat to get in the back and then it latches again so the seat won't fold? I've never seen such a thing on one of these trucks, do you have pictures? We have a '76 C10 for our shop truck and it's seat doesn't fold at all. My '85 does but there's no latch, I'm thinking that's probably not factory

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
My '79 had a latching seat, unfortunately I don't have any pictures. The seat rested on a bolt that looked very similar to a seatbelt bolt (below). The seat rested on the smooth part of the shank. I don't know if originally there was piece plastic, like a door striker, that covered the shaft so it would minimize vibration noise. Mine didn't have it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
My bad, thought you were asking about seat adjustment latch. Sorry.

We just have a large bolt like post 4 above

Randy and E

JM in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic
Engine Size
My '79 had a latching seat, unfortunately I don't have any pictures. The seat rested on a bolt that looked very similar to a seatbelt bolt (below). The seat rested on the smooth part of the shank. I don't know if originally there was piece plastic, like a door striker, that covered the shaft so it would minimize vibration noise. Mine didn't have it.

You must be registered for see images attach
Genius. I had the old seat belt anchor bolts, so I tried them. Perfect fit and the latch works perfectly now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod