Are these dual shocks factory. Pic inside. 1987 K10 long bed truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Mine has the dual shock per side option and I only have 1 per side installed. A lot of people ask me what the empty mounting brackets are for at car shows and I say it has the option for dual shocks per side. I was wondering about the shock valving and only have 1 per side installed, worried about the stiff ride. They would have to be super soft shocks. I also wonder the mounting- the top has a completely different mount than the bottom. From researching and looking at pictures, the bottom shares a common mount and it uses a long bolt to secure both shocks butt up to each other? if so would this not create super stress on the bolt and the mount?

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
From researching and looking at pictures, the bottom shares a common mount and it uses a long bolt to secure both shocks butt up to each other? if so would this not create super stress on the bolt and the mount?
Correct.

It wouldn't necessarily create additional stress as long as the bolt is not in bending (ie, the forces from both shocks are the same); if the forces on the bolt are equal then the load into the hole is vertical, just like a shorter bolt.

K

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Correct.

It wouldn't necessarily create additional stress as long as the bolt is not in bending (ie, the forces from both shocks are the same); if the forces on the bolt are equal then the load into the hole is vertical, just like a shorter bolt.

K
I am also just curious where to buy such a long, custom shock bolt. I have checked a few common part suppliers on line out of curiosity and did not see anything listed. I did not look very hard though. I'd love to put dual shocks on if I could get some very soft or half valved ones as it looks like something is missing currently on the truck. Probably cannot get such shocks I suppose............

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
I am also just curious where to buy such a long, custom shock bolt. I have checked a few common part suppliers on line out of curiosity and did not see anything listed. I did not look very hard though. I'd love to put dual shocks on if I could get some very soft or half valved ones as it looks like something is missing currently on the truck. Probably cannot get such shocks I suppose............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus