Anyone running old school roots type supercharger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I have a confession to make...
I once owned a Toyota Tacoma... I called it the Amocat. Ummm would have been a 98. I had 33s on it, changed the gears for this and also the TRD supercharger and stainless headers and exhaust. Nice combo, but there was a flat spot in the midrange. At this time there were no performance chips so it was starving a bit in the middle. I sold it in 2003 before I started traveling to Brazil. The guy that bought it was able to get the computer reprogrammed and fattened up that starving midrange. It was a good truck for a Toyota but I'm glad it's gone. the guy who bought it still has it and has had a lot of problems with it.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I have a confession to make...
I once owned a Toyota Tacoma... I called it the Amocat. Ummm would have been a 98. I had 33s on it, changed the gears for this and also the TRD supercharger and stainless headers and exhaust. Nice combo, but there was a flat spot in the midrange. At this time there were no performance chips so it was starving a bit in the middle. I sold it in 2003 before I started traveling to Brazil. The guy that bought it was able to get the computer reprogrammed and fattened up that starving midrange. It was a good truck for a Toyota but I'm glad it's gone. the guy who bought it still has it and has had a lot of problems with it.
When you said you had a *** truck I kind of tuned out. What were you saying?

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
1) Which engine are you planning on putting this on?

And 2)
When you said you had a *** truck I kind of tuned out. What were you saying?

???

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I thought it was the electric chokes are not powered up so it will run a tad rich. Like to give it a try in my 81

AzGeo

Reaction score
Almost 40 years ago, Dale Pulde (drag racer, custom bike builder) one of my Van Nuys Blvd. "cruising buddies", father had a short bed 1974 Chevy step side .

All factory red, with Ansen Sprints (bigs and littles) , with a 350, turbo 350 .

As his only car, he drove that truck every day, and would often come by my shop to pick up parts or materials for one of their projects .

As I recall, the motor was a well built 355, and ran a 6-71 .

He ran "one 850 carb", and often switched over to "two 750's" when he wanted to "play".

Truck looked "stock" on the outside, with only a small cast aluminum scoop , painted red, on the hood .

A couple of years down the road, I think he put a T-400 in it, because he drove it in a "serious manner" .

YES, you can drive an old "roots style blower" on the street, every day ...........

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Almost 40 years ago, Dale Pulde (drag racer, custom bike builder) one of my Van Nuys Blvd. "cruising buddies", father had a short bed 1974 Chevy step side .

All factory red, with Ansen Sprints (bigs and littles) , with a 350, turbo 350 .

As his only car, he drove that truck every day, and would often come by my shop to pick up parts or materials for one of their projects .

As I recall, the motor was a well built 355, and ran a 6-71 .

He ran "one 850 carb", and often switched over to "two 750's" when he wanted to "play".

Truck looked "stock" on the outside, with only a small cast aluminum scoop , painted red, on the hood .

A couple of years down the road, I think he put a T-400 in it, because he drove it in a "serious manner" .

YES, you can drive an old "roots style blower" on the street, every day ...........
This is an AWESOME story. Got more? Maybe some pics? Just even stories alone would be cool....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamberttt