Rustiest K15 around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longbed_Smalls

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Welcome! Haha not the rustiest by a long shot.
IMO, if you’re going 33s, especially on a 1/2 ton, may as well go 4”. It’s really no difference in cost except with 2” you could likely get away with no drop steering arm.
Shop around. May take a bit but you could find someone selling some used 4” springs for cheap.
Although $500 all in for a lift kit, new hardware and shocks and a drop Pittman arm is really the way to go. 1 and done.
I’d like to lift it properly for as cheap as I can. This is my first square; I haven’t lifted any trucks before either. I don’t care much about ride quality, I put new shocks in over the winter. It’s a truck that I have fun with but I’m only rolling the 80s high rider look until I get a good clean short bed to jack up and put some KCs or Dick Cepeks on. For this cheap old truck 2-4” is all the higher I want. I’m 5’5 and not planning on getting taller:Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh: I haven’t looked hard but I doubt there are any full lifts plus shocks…

Longbed_Smalls

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
$500 gets you a full lift kit including shocks like I said above. And if you are in this truck temporarily, you can use the lift in your next square body.
Fair point. Maybe I bite the bullet just once and transfer all the cool stuff to my short bed in the distant future :Big Laugh:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Fair point. Maybe I bite the bullet just once and transfer all the cool stuff to my short bed in the distant future :Big Laugh:
Well it’s certainly easier than trying to piecemeal a lift kit together.
You could still run across a used kit for sale but ….
When on a budget, think how many hours it takes to work to pay for ….whatever. If you’d be $300 into a piecemeal kit , that extra $ takes x amount of extra work. If it’s 6 hours of OT or a day long side job, is it worth it vs the other option.

Longbed_Smalls

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Well it’s certainly easier than trying to piecemeal a lift kit together.
You could still run across a used kit for sale but ….
When on a budget, think how many hours it takes to work to pay for ….whatever. If you’d be $300 into a piecemeal kit , that extra $ takes x amount of extra work. If it’s 6 hours of OT or a day long side job, is it worth it vs the other option.
Yup that has kept me from buying lots of dumb stuff. Appreciate the help man I might keep my eyes out on the used market; I’m in no hurry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man