Anyone go efi on their chevy 350s...experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth W Larew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Looking at the holley sniper for a down the road project. Anyone do this? Was there a gain in fuel economy? What was a rough total system cost?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I have a Sniper on mine. I got just the sniper unit and built my own fuel system, its pretty easy on these trucks and you can have an in-tank pump for pretty cheap.

Just a basic estimate I have about 2300 in mine but that includes everything I did, new plugs/wires, all the wiring stuff I did, timing control etc. You can do it cheaper if you dont want to include timing control, but Holley also has another distrubitor option available that is cheaper than the dual sync I bought.

Buy just the Sniper, not the master kit. For that additional 250 that the master kit costs you can pay for an in tank setup using all readily available factory parts. I have about 400 in my fuel system but I used all braided AN lines and fittings. You can use EFI rated rubber line and do it cheaper.

edit:

My sniper install starts here:

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/78-gmc-forever-build.16379/page-16

more details and part numbers for fuel system stuff are all in there. I got about a 1mpg highway increase over my old edelbrock carb. Around town I think I might have picked up 2mpg. I think it averages about 15 now instead of 13. I also have an overdrive trans, and 3.73 gears with a 30" tall rear tire

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Oh I also forgot to mention if you buy one order it through efisystempro.com Chris is a holley trained level 3 tech and offers his support 24/7. Hes very helpful and easy to get ahold of. He has helped me work through all my issues and the only time I've had to call Holley was for my replacement regulator. Chris had told me what tests to do before hand so I already had all the answers for the Holley rep when he asked. It made it alot smoother/faster to get the replacement part I needed. He sells all the Holley stuff at the same price as everyone else and offers free shipping regardless of order size. Hard to beat the additional customer service imo....

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I have an older Holley system that I may swap in place of my tbi setup, or I may just go directly to the 454. The big advantage of efi is cold weather starts, no tuning needed for elevation changes, and not stalling at angles while off roading. MPG can go either way depending the condition of carb and the tune you build in the efi.

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I know this is a couple months old but thought I would comment on Holley customer service. I had a shop install my Sniper around Christmas of 2017. I had a ton of issues, thought I believe every single one may have been due to a bad install. After working on things for quite some time, with me and a mechanic (different one than installed) spending a lot of time on Holley forums and making changes, we found several mistakes made during the install.

We pulled the Sniper off and put an Edelbrock AVS2 on while I sent the Sniper back to Holley so they could diagnose the issues. I explained all of the install mistakes we found when we removed the Sniper and when we upgraded to 87 tanks with in tank pumps. Told them I would pay whatever, just send it back fixed.

They sent me a brand new unit within a week for free. Pretty impressive for a $1,000 part that I believe was ruined through no fault of Holley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64