Sniper EFI fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatman1978

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I was looking into the in-tank fuel pump for my sniper EFI. I’ve got dual fuel tanks on my truck that I replaced last year, So I don’t want to get rid of them. The pumps from Holley are over $400.00. Im hoping that someone has found a solution to this problem, that won’t break the bank. Thanks in advance..

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Delphi/AC Delco EP381 from a 96 C1500 5.7. Fits on the stock 87 sending unit perfectly.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Ok thanks. But do I need a baffled tank?

I always recommend the 87 model tank. It's better to have the baffle for sure, but as long as your vigilant about not running it below 1/4 tank you should be ok without it. If you run it low without the baffle you can have issues with starvation on turns or acceleration. The 87 tanks are not that expensive. I know the kits look tempting but you can do it cheaper with factory 87 replacement parts an have the same setup.

Also I've never had good luck running the dual tanks at modern efi fuel pressures. Tried several different methods an always have issues. If you need the capacity, pick a side for the main tank to feed the engine an use a tbi pump (factory for 87) to refill the main tank. Just my opinion though.

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I have an 87 with dual tanks. I run the stock TBI with an older 350. Seems to run good. I had a lot of trouble initially when I first got the truck trying to get both tanks to switch over. It ran on only one tank and would stall when I switched it over. I brought it to one shop, they replaced the fuel pump and sender in one of the tanks and I replaced the switch on the dash. Still did not work. I had to bring it to a specialty shop where they found it needed a complete new wiring harness and a new diverter valve. Was a bit of work but they got both tanks working properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005