Any way to speed up my wipers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrgoodwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size
So my wipers are working and as far as i can tell working properly. They have all speeds and the linkage has been dissassembled and it is free and lubed. So i think it is working properly. My question is is there anyone out there that has found a way to make them faster then they were from factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mrgoodwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size
I do notice a change in speed in all speeds but there ia no way that this high speed can be good enough. I would have to drive 20 in rain. So im new to thease trucks were they all this slow or do i have something wrong?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I had the same issue, plus it wouldn't park right anymore, so I just replaced the motor. It's actually very fast now, and I don't worry about having to drive through rain.

Evans Ward

Reaction score
First Name
Evans
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
That's a very good question as we're all in that same boat. An upgrade on wiper speed would be nice and definitely much safer.

mrgoodwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size
I had the same issue, plus it wouldn't park right anymore, so I just replaced the motor. It's actually very fast now, and I don't worry about having to drive through rain.
Im going to check the power and gnd at the motor and if they are up to snuff its getting a new motor.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Pssst...... RainEx helps alot

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Yes! My half-brother used to have a $500 1981 Olds Omega with no wipers, and he used RainX in lieu of wipers.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
You can almost get mezmerized by the drops moving up the windsheild and loose track of driving...... It's trippy!

mrgoodwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size
Pssst...... RainEx helps alot
That's a good call I have used Rain-X before and enjoyed it I just seem to never remember to put it on I wonder if that will help me with mud as well

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
get the wiper fluid that has it. Problem solved. Doesn't work as well as putting it on yourself. But once you change, that's all you'll use. I'd say the wiper fluid X works 80% as well. Try it out.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
get the wiper fluid that has it. Problem solved. Doesn't work as well as putting it on yourself. But once you change, that's all you'll use. I'd say the wiper fluid X works 80% as well. Try it out.

I second this. Been using it for a few years now.

beest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Replace the wiper motor. The 30+ year old motors in our trucks are tired.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mrgoodwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size
Replace the wiper motor. The 30+ year old motors in our trucks are tired.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Im going to check that it has full power and ground and if it does its getting a wiper motor.[emoji1]

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I think that by 1990 Suburbans were only available with intermittent/pulse wipers. You might want to check the module (esp. it's connections) before springing for a new wiper motor.

Since both the HI & LO speed settings are affected, that would suggest an issue with something common to both the PPL & GRA leads that run back to the MFS. The ground path for both speeds (as well as PARK, MIST & PULSE operation) is on a shared BLK lead that exits the column, passes through the module and ultimately is connected to the IP ground bus block (over by the parking brake).

Poor grounds are generally the cause for low current flow - as opposed to a problem with the hot side of the circuit.

Wiring diagram:

You must be registered for see images attach

mrgoodwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size
I think that by 1990 Suburbans were only available with intermittent/pulse wipers. You might want to check the module (esp. it's connections) before springing for a new wiper motor.

Since both the HI & LO speed settings are affected, that would suggest an issue with something common to both the PPL & GRA leads that run back to the MFS. The ground path for both speeds (as well as PARK, MIST & PULSE operation) is on a shared BLK lead that exits the column, passes through the module and ultimately is connected to the IP ground bus block (over by the parking brake).

Poor grounds are generally the cause for low current flow - as opposed to a problem with the hot side of the circuit.

Wiring diagram:

You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks i definently will check that out. It is slow in all speeds however it does move faster as the switch is turned up its just never very fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade