Another Newb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longstride12

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey guys thought it was about time I introduced myself. I've been drooling over lots of your trucks as I read through the different forum topics and it's getting me super excited to start working on mine! I'm a square body junkie and always have been. My truck was new from the factory to my Grandpa, was then my Dad's and is the truck I grew up in. My sister blew the motor in it when I was 14 so I saved and bought a rebuild for it when I was 16 and my neighbor helped me put it in the truck...okay he did most of the work while I helped where I could and watched. :popcorn: It sat parked for 2 years while I was out of country in the early 2000's, when I got home I put a rebuild kit through the carb and it fired right up, had to replace the doors too since the hinges were gone and the doors rusted. With the green doors it's a nice two tone! :doublepuke: Drove it for a few more years then needed something a little more economical while going through college so it sat again. Has been used on and off for years but is in bad need of some love. Seems every time I get some cash something else breaks that is more pressing. This summer I'm getting him back on the road though. Thanks for all your shared experiences and advice, I feel more prepared with this forum as my reference library/guide!

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 123

Longstride12

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I forgot to mention the truck is a 77 K20 with a 350. Not many options on it. Speedo hasn't worked since before I got it but mileage was 238,000 when the motor was replaced. I bought all the sheet metal to replace the cab floors, passenger rocker and cab corners, then scored a new cab for $200 with the factory A/C. Runs strong but has some gremlins that need worked out along with a new body. Sorry the picture isn't the greatest. I'll get some better ones, along with pics of the truck in it's glory days when we can get into the cabin.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Welcome to the forum.

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
builds are always fun!!! it's a great forum, I guarantee you will find the answer to every single square question you might have lol. Welcome, yeah get those pics going lol we love pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You've got a great start for a nice project. Not alot of options on a 4x4 is good thing and what most of us prefer. Lack of options is what we refer to as Nicely Optioned most of the time.

Welcome to GMSB !!!

attachment.php

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model