Another new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

just plain john

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement all. No HRPC, the 231 won't be going into the squarebody, although it does sound kind of promising. I only have the one engine, and as noted it's in the El. I feel your pain with the gas mileage though. Motor mount wise, the T6 has an unusual one. You would need the frame stands which are Buick specific, but with proper locating and drilling a few holes I don't see where they wouldn't work. It might require playing with driveline angles. It would also require a fuel injected fuel system with a capable electric fuel pump and a return line to the tank, and some sorting out the eletrical issues. As for my truck, I've been driving it for 10 years, and have 100,000 miles on my Goodwrench longblock. It won't last forever, and I'm seeing more and more LS conversions. I'm looking at doing that if I can keep it reliable.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for the encouragement all. No HRPC, the 231 won't be going into the squarebody, although it does sound kind of promising. I only have the one engine, and as noted it's in the El. I feel your pain with the gas mileage though. Motor mount wise, the T6 has an unusual one. You would need the frame stands which are Buick specific, but with proper locating and drilling a few holes I don't see where they wouldn't work. It might require playing with driveline angles. It would also require a fuel injected fuel system with a capable electric fuel pump and a return line to the tank, and some sorting out the eletrical issues. As for my truck, I've been driving it for 10 years, and have 100,000 miles on my Goodwrench longblock. It won't last forever, and I'm seeing more and more LS conversions. I'm looking at doing that if I can keep it reliable.

Yeah, I had figured that was gonna be the case after a little research, so I am punting on the idea. I'd like to get the motor in something though. Mine is carbed, its not even TBI. I like those Buick 231's. Such a little package, yet they make good hp/torque for this size.
You're right about LS Conversions. I've been wanting to do a Vortec conversion, but if iwere smart, I'd go straight for the LS conversion being I do beleive its the same amount of work as the Vortec convesion. The LS will also be much better on mpg.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, I had figured that was gonna be the case after a little research, so I am punting on the idea. I'd like to get the motor in something though. Mine is carbed, its not even TBI. I like those Buick 231's. Such a little package, yet they make good hp/torque for this size.
You're right about LS Conversions. I've been wanting to do a Vortec conversion, but if iwere smart, I'd go straight for the LS conversion being I do beleive its the same amount of work as the Vortec convesion. The LS will also be much better on mpg.

:word: If given the chance and given the two probably would take the same amount of work the LSx motor swap would definitely be the way to go. I wanna see more of these swaps in the Square Bodies! :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:word: If given the chance and given the two probably would take the same amount of work the LSx motor swap would definitely be the way to go. I wanna see more of these swaps in the Square Bodies! :)
Yep, that is the point I was making. Same amount of work, so if going thru the motions, may as well go for the biggest bang. Although, Vortec can be had for much cheaper. We'll see how money goes. I'd like my most aggresive 4x4 project to be injected to prevent carb starving from fuel.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
GMSB....Let's start an LSx fund for hrpc!! :rocking: it could become the gmsb mascot truck :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
GMSB....Let's start an LSx fund for hrpc!! :rocking: it could become the gmsb mascot truck :)

I'm liking that idea !!! Need my PayPal addy??? :High 5:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I got $5 with your name on it :D

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Ehh we couldnt get no more than a couple hundred in there till he'd blow it on whiskey and ******. Oh wait, that might be me I'm thinking of. :lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ehh we couldnt get no more than a couple hundred in there till he'd blow it on whiskey and ******. Oh wait, that might be me I'm thinking of. :lol:

Nope, I rarely drink anymore. Never spent a nickel on a *****. I only do the FREE kind. Well, I say that, but they all cost money. That's why their cooter is shaped like a credit card swiper !!! May as well just slide the card first, cuz its gonna get hit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello