Another LED Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84chevk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Was reading the thread on the best LED bulbs and seen superbrightled site. They have good prices but I got a dumb question. If I install their 1157 led bulbs in the front and rear parking lights, and their 194's in my markers front and rear, will I just need the flasher they sell? Or do I need to put their load resisters in each light for the parking lights to work? I was thinking of dash light bulbs also in clear. I'm going to do the relay headlight upgrade and I'd like to improve all the lighting while I'm at it.

throttle out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.3 LS
The flasher is all you need. without it your factory flasher will not "blink". The resistor can be used in place of the flasher but is not the optimal solution. I would think their flasher would be the optimal route, the resistor would be the "plan B". Adding the resistor is somewhat of a quick way to make the factory system run with the more efficient LED's and is somewhat counter productive to the advantage of LED's.
The new flasher I would think is designed to work with less current and not add resistance to the circuit.
The other LED's you add will need nothing to function properly.
FYI- Your dash will not be able to dim if you install LED's in it. I suggest disassembling your gauge cluster to clean it and paint the inner housing and the front reflective panel rattle can chrome. This made a substantial difference in my gauges and was cheap!.
Here's what mine looks like after doing it, this is the factory incandescent bulbs FYI.

Attachments

• 1-3 17 017.jpg
    1-3 17 017.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 85

84chevk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I put new regular bulbs in the cluster today, painted the back side of the panel chrome, o=polished my new used lens. Cluster is pretty clean, I do need to find a 3 spd indicator. LED's will go in all the others. Dash light dimming is screwed up, ordered a new headlight switch. Thanks for the info, I'll get the stuff ordered with flasher included.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus