Aftermarket Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duckaholic

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 High Sierra
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Hey everybody,
Looking to upgrade my headlights in the next while. Maybe down the road get some aux lighting but for now i'm just gonna do the headlights. The direction ive been leaning to so far was to just go with the LMC custom headlights and also get their upgraded heavy duty wiring harness. Just curious to know if anyone has some good/bad reviews on these ideas. Or if theres a different setup guys are running to get better lighting. Just a little tired of having two candles strapped onto the front of the truck and any oncoming vehicles over powering my lights. Thanks everybody!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
There has been some guys here that have done HID upgrades. Seemed the kits were fairly reasonable on eBay.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Upgrading to a set of hella or universal H4 headlights makes a world of difference compared to the sealed beams. Also makes for changing blown bulbs a ton easier. Avoid the ones with the fresnel lens in them. Running a relay kit helps a good bit as well.

I've ran the Plug & Play HID kits for a while in my truck and yeah, you throw a lot more light ahead of you, but they throw massive amounts of glare as well. Too the point that everyone assumes you're running your High Beams at all times.

I've recently done a Bi-xenon retrofit conversion (http://www.theretrofitsource.com)for my headlights in my truck. Takes the output of HID bulbs and focuses it correctly. Also has a cutoff shield to remove the upwards glare. They aren't cheap, but they could be a ton more expensive as well. I opted for them to get the best output that wouldn't be a killer for everyone else on the road.

Here's an image of my headlight output using a set of 7" Round H4 conversion headlights w/ 55w HID Bulbs in them.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1