A/c and Heater delete plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph_siller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
looking to remove my a/c and heatore out of my truck since it's broken. Was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the delete plate or if someone can please point me in the direction of someone who already has the thread started.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
looking to remove my a/c and heatore out of my truck since it's broken. Was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the delete plate or if someone can please point me in the direction of someone who already has the thread started.
I will be making one shortly I do know the Normal non ac ones do not fit. The firewalls are different.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
just make one. it's just a piece of flat sheet metal. highdesertranger

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Right, most people just trim one out of a sheet of stainless, aluminum or even diamond plate. Then just pop-rivet the thing on there.

Personally, I'd just use sheet metal and paint it the same color as the firewall, then try to utilize the factory screw holes.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I might be making mine this weekend. It's supposed to rain all weekend so might as well. I'm gonna use pieces of the non ac cover and add in with sheet metal. If I do pics and stuff will be in my build thread.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
They all beat me to it. Make your own. There's a couple of real good sheet metal guys on here too that can make you a fancy one with pleats and nice folded edges and such too if you're wanting to make a show truck and cleaning up your firewall, but most guys just make their own. You can caulk it or use silicone, or spray foam whatever if you wish also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyHansen