95 k1500 tpi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
If all else fails, I have the old 350 TBI to my truck that I will make you a deal on.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
If all else fails, I have the old 350 TBI to my truck that I will make you a deal on.

Thanks, but i am not commited to it that much. If $100 investment does not fix it, going to put a for sale sign on at as is. Head is at a machine shop for a new guide and a valve.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Over budget, but it is coming together. Have a new valve and the head/intake are installed. Waiting on a new hei distributor and a couple of barb fittings for the new fpr.
Still need to source a correct water neck for the intake and the distributor hold down clamp.
You must be registered for see images attach

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I just pawed through both in my junk bin while looking for something earlier. I think i still have your address if you would like me to send them to you.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Thanks to retro.
A bit of progress today with the valve cover. It was cracked, which is why in other picture valve covers are different on the engine. Today the cracked one is no longer cracked. I cleaned it up with a file some more after the last picture. At least valve covers will be matching now.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Thank to retro for sending the small parts I needed to get it going. And it sputtered to life for a bit. Do not have the pressure regulator connected yet, no throttle return spring, no choke, valves a bit out of adjustment, timing not set, and a zip tie holding throttle cable on. But I just had to get some noise out.
short video
http://vid30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/yevgenievich/1995 k1500/VID_20160824_234101.mp4

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
It is amazing how much of a difference proper fuel pressure makes. With fpr connected it fired right up just about instantly. Timing was set good from last video. Running 12* advance for now, maybe will bump it up to 16 after runnung it longer. Drove around the block and definately can tell the 3.73 gears. A bit of cleaning, maybe connecting factory coolant temp and oil pressure gauges and it will probably go for sale. Need to get title transfer done and inspection. Hard to tell it is not tbi with factory air cleaner installed.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
rear bumper more or less fixed, interior now is just heavily worn instead of trashed/worn. Still dirty, but a lot better than it was before. Can't believe how some people treat their vehicles.

better run/idle video
http://vid30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/yevgenievich/1995 k1500/1472333134.mp4

before:

after:

Half Assed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D
Truck Year
1987, 1988
Truck Model
R20 3+3, V20 Suburban
Engine Size
'bout tree fiddy
Maybe I missed it, but did it turn out to be a 383?

I'm a fan of the 88-98 trucks. I missed out on a '89 c1500 excab longbed 5spd that was is in great shape. I was out of town and it was sold by the time I got back.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Looking at the piston travel from the bottom, it looked like 383.
30 over pistons, 4 bolt main

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Thank to retro for sending the small parts I needed to get it going. And it sputtered to life for a bit. Do not have the pressure regulator connected yet, no throttle return spring, no choke, valves a bit out of adjustment, timing not set, and a zip tie holding throttle cable on. But I just had to get some noise out.
short video
http://vid30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/yevgenievich/1995 k1500/VID_20160824_234101.mp4

Did you get the distributor from Skip White? I've been running one for about 6 months with no issues. They run about $50 to your door cap/rotor new top to bottom. Prolly made in China, but I didn't care at the time, Couldn't afford the Mallory I wanted.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
It is the ebay distributor, ran one on my old 85 as well.

Doing couple of changes with the fuel pump. TBI ecm is still priming the factory tbi pump on ignition on event(PO never removed it when adding inline pump tied to ignition). Engine also has the oil pressure switch installed. Going to go ahead and let the factory pump do the fuel and take the hacked inline pump out. Prime event will put fuel in the carb bowl, while oil pressure switch will keep it going if engine is running. A lot safer in case of a crash.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Oil pressure and coolant temp gauges are now connected and working. Factory fuel pump is wired using the oil pressure switch. Took the ignition powered(jammed in a fuse box) inline pump out of the system. Got it inspected and registered. That was a rip off. Texas places the worst condition value of $1500 on this thing, so that was the value I had to pay taxes on.

Runs pretty good, second gear does not like quick shifts. Leaves two black marks on take off with no hesitation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevbak88