87 v30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
Hey guys I just bought a crew cab v30 last weekend and am looking at what tires I want to put on it. My springs must be flatter than most as the truck came with 285/75/16 tires on it and they rub when turning with no flex out of the suspension. I don't want to lift the truck at all. From what I have read the largest tire you can put under them is 32x10.50.

The other question I have is what tire you guys would recommend for this size truck. I am looking for something fairly aggressive but don't want a loud tire or something that will hurt fuel mileage a ton. I like the look of the stt pro and st maxx coopers.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hey guys I just bought a crew cab v30 last weekend and am looking at what tires I want to put on it. My springs must be flatter than most as the truck came with 285/75/16 tires on it and they rub when turning with no flex out of the suspension. I don't want to lift the truck at all. From what I have read the largest tire you can put under them is 32x10.50.

The other question I have is what tire you guys would recommend for this size truck. I am looking for something fairly aggressive but don't want a loud tire or something that will hurt fuel mileage a ton. I like the look of the stt pro and st maxx coopers.
I have 265/75/16 federal couragia mt on my 94' burban, not loud at all and will go almost anywhere. Brand new mounted and balanced, i paid 600 plus tax

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Need pics of the crew cab!

My suggestion would be to buy some new stock springs so she will be sitting right. As for tires I've always been happy with Coopers in regards to road noise, ability, and look. I have ST Maxx's on my half ton burb and am happy with them. As for the Federals, I'm going to order a set for my cummins based on price. I put about 35k miles a year on my truck and dont want to spend 1200+ for a set of 35s. I'm happy with their reviews and am going to try them.

Federal is about as cheap of a tire I would go. With the bro truck culture there a lot of off brand tires on the market now for cheap. Federal is a known tire brand in the UK and Australia with a decent track record.

Not sure how much you can see the tread but here are the ST Maxxs mounted on 15X8 wheels.
https://imgur.com/ltm6q07
You must be registered for see images

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Is it a dually or a single wheel truck?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Need pics of the crew cab!

My suggestion would be to buy some new stock springs so she will be sitting right. As for tires I've always been happy with Coopers in regards to road noise, ability, and look. I have ST Maxx's on my half ton burb and am happy with them. As for the Federals, I'm going to order a set for my cummins based on price. I put about 35k miles a year on my truck and dont want to spend 1200+ for a set of 35s. I'm happy with their reviews and am going to try them.

Federal is about as cheap of a tire I would go. With the bro truck culture there a lot of off brand tires on the market now for cheap. Federal is a known tire brand in the UK and Australia with a decent track record.

Not sure how much you can see the tread but here are the ST Maxxs mounted on 15X8 wheels.
https://imgur.com/ltm6q07
You must be registered for see images
I also had dunlop mud rovers in a 33 on the same truck, more expensive but i could never get it stuck. Due to a loose (and i use that loosely) front end they wore out pretty fast. Great tires though

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I also had dunlop mud rovers in a 33 on the same truck, more expensive but i could never get it stuck. Due to a loose (and i use that loosely) front end they wore out pretty fast. Great tires though

Thats a no frills mud tire right there. I like their tread but never ran em. My favorite so far has been the Toyo Open Country M/T. I had em in a 285/65/20 on my 1500 Ram and they were beasts.

OP if you wanna spend some money on a good tire, I highly recommend the Toyo i mentioned above.

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
Not the greatest photo but here she is. It is sitting on 33’s right now but the rub when sitting on flat ground and no flex. I’m not looking to go straight mud tire, I do probably 80 percent highway and the rest rock and he occasional mud road. I want to be able to drive across the state without the sound of howling tires driving me nuts.

You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have been happy with cooper atp tires as I switched to mostly road/highway driving. And did not really have any traction issues at the local offroad park with them. Stock height tire on mine but 265 width

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
where Should a guy look for new leaf springs? I imagine mine are worn out being almost 30 years old.

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
I just want to keep it as close to stock as possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224