'77 Poncho Fuegobird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Ahh come on now. We may as well get used to Holden and Austrailian rides. Better than Heche En Mexico if you ask me. I have a feeling the G8 is going to come back rebadged as a Chevy, and I am hoping its named Chevelle and not Lumina. And Holden will have their hands in on that deal. Also looking like it might become an El Camino too. Wouldn't that be great to see the Chevelle and El Camino come back??? :gm::big_banana_Dance::gm:

I think was announced that the G8 is coming as the Caprice I believe

And they are wanting to bring the Maloo over as the Camino
and I WANT ONE

You must be registered for see images

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I like the wheel choice! :High 5:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
not big on them, they are ok but I'd rather see some cragar's on it or maybe some snowflakes lol.

I like the poncho rally 2's if they were chrome.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Bear man pig, those wheels make me vomit in my mouth a little. The big wheels in that video you posted looked so perfect, not the style but the offset and size! I will be blunt and say it, I think those cars are hideous.

I have a feeling your going to pull that motor out of your blazer and put it in that car right?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My first question was, is it real wheel drive or wrong wheel drive. It happens to be right wheel drive with a rear differential.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here is a pic of what could be available in USA someday. This is currently available in South Africa made in Austrailia by Holden. And here is an article that goes along with the pic.

"In the past decade GM has borrowed heavily from its Australian subsidiary, Holden, to provide Americans with their much-desired muscle cars. The new Camaro sits on the Aussie-designed Zeta platform, as the dead-and-gone Pontiac G8 sports sedan. Now another import we’ve been hearing a lot about has all but been confirmed to be heading to America.
Yes, we are talking about the Holden Commodore. It is the same car that the Pontiac G8 was based on, and Drive reports that an export deal has been signed, and these re-badged Holdens should make their way to U.S. shores soon. So what to call them?
Of all the Australian imports GM has given America, the G8 was perhaps the best. The Monaro-based Pontiac GTO lasted just two years, and was criticized for its bland looks. The G8 was better in a lot of ways, but Pontiac was given the axe. The continuing popularity of the G8 has perhaps convinced GM that there is a place in the Chevy lineup for a four-door sports sedan. The new Chevy sports-sedan would be based on the shorter-wheelbase Zeta platform that the G8 used, rather than the long-wheelbase platform of the Chevy Caprice police vehicle, so don’t expect it to be called a Caprice either.
The only name that really, truly makes sense at this junction is Chevelle. GM hasn’t been much for originality in the name department lately (Aveo? Cruze?) and the General does enjoy a lot of nostalgia. The Chevelle was originally built to be a competitor for the Ford Fairlane, and a number of four-door and wagon models were sold. It will be sporty, it will of course deserve a SS model, and it just makes a lot of sense."

Attachments

• elcomaybe.jpg
    elcomaybe.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 108

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Bear man pig, those wheels make me vomit in my mouth a little. The big wheels in that video you posted looked so perfect, not the style but the offset and size! I will be blunt and say it, I think those cars are hideous.

I have a feeling your going to pull that motor out of your blazer and put it in that car right?

Lol I know many people don't like second gens but I love them :drool:

Nah 355 be staying the the K5
Will build a Pontiac engine for the bird

Also, I'd love a set of the wheels that bird had in that video. 18x12s except they cost about a grand each. $1200 each for 20x12s

My first question was, is it real wheel drive or wrong wheel drive. It happens to be right wheel drive with a rear differential.

Its RWD with IRS

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size

Down there, you can get a RWD car with a supercharged 3800.

My sister lives in Australia...I keep threatening her to send me one. :lol:

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Chevy sells the G8 now in other countries as a Lumina SS

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Good man. :waytogo:

I always have wild ideas when it comes to engines builds

I still want to convert the 355 in the K5 to coil per cylinder and run it off a LS1 computer

Doing the same with a Pontiac engine would be beyond interesting. I would have to design my own reluctor set for it though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigcreek