700R4 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87hotrod

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Is th conversion from a TH350 to a 700R4 a simple bolt in conversion or do i have to change things like the driveshaft and speedo cable and shift linkage ect.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Is th conversion from a TH350 to a 700R4 a simple bolt in conversion or do i have to change things like the driveshaft and speedo cable and shift linkage ect.

You MIGHT need a shorter driveline, and a different yoke. You will also need to add a TV cable to control line pressure, and maybe a different throttle cable bracket to accomodate the trans cable,as well as the hook up on the bottom of the throttle crank.
You can control lockup with the computer, but you may need to add the harness for that if its not there, along with the proper computer chip. alternatively, you could install an external lockup kit.
I would consult a local transmission shop with the driveline and yoke, as you can have them look at what you have already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade