6.2 diesel swap!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
Hha no I haven't driven it at all yet. There's 8 inches of snow where I'm at and the 2wd truck has no bed so I'm not going anywhere.

@wildcatjason the hole in the TC cover had fluid running out while the engine was running so is it possibly the input shaft seal? And will too much fluid cause it to blow a seal? Forgive me for my ignorance towards auto trans's. this is my first one haha

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Hha no I haven't driven it at all yet. There's 8 inches of snow where I'm at and the 2wd truck has no bed so I'm not going anywhere.

@wildcatjason the hole in the TC cover had fluid running out while the engine was running so is it possibly the input shaft seal? And will too much fluid cause it to blow a seal? Forgive me for my ignorance towards auto trans's. this is my first one haha

Thats what mine is doing. just pull the pump, and do all the pump seals. I know the TCC solenoid needs to be removed,not sure what else.

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
Really stupid question for you Jim, where's the pump located? Do I have to pull the whol tranny out? Or just the pan? And like I said before will overfilling the tranny cause the seals to go? Cuz It never leaked before.

Last edited:

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Really stupid question for you Jim, where's the pump located? Do I have to pull the whol tranny out? Or just the pan? And like I said before will overfilling the tranny cause the seals to go? Cuz It never leaked before.

The round thing in the bellhousing where the input shaft goes through. Tranny is comin out. Seals usually blow due to pressure, age, or they dry out. Did u overfill the tranny too?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
The round thing in the bellhousing where the input shaft goes through. Tranny is comin out. Seals usually blow due to pressure, age, or they dry out. Did u overfill the tranny too?

^^^^^

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400

I didn't put any in the tranny just filled up the TC. But I was workin on it earlier and it actually smells like diesel fuel. So where would the fuel be leaking if its not the trans? Btw I'm running the pink diesel so there's not much of a color difference.

Roughneck714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Didn't know there was pink diesel, I know of Red diesel and Green diesel!
Whats the pink for?

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Have you confirmed this fuel now? Follow fuel line to lift pump, injection pump, all injectors and then return. You'll find it. FYI. It's red diesel or #1. Never heard it called pink.

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
Have you confirmed this fuel now? Follow fuel line to lift pump, injection pump, all injectors and then return. You'll find it. FYI. It's red diesel or #1. Never heard it called pink.

Haha pink, red they look the same to me. An ya ill trace the fuel lines today hopefully I can find something.

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
Thanks wildcat I traced all my lines and there was a pinched return line near the front of the engine. I replaced it and what do ya know, no leak. It just puzzles me why there was fuel running out of the TC cover hole? Doesn't make much sense to me. Oh well I'm not gonna question it. But thanks again I would never guessed that was the problem.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Make sure all those lines are properly primed including the return or it will suck air.

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
100% finished!!!!! Got the turbo and blowoff valve on and the hood clears the whole shebang by 1/4 inch. It's been fun, I tried to explain everything the best I can buy if you have any questions feel free to ask.
You must be registered for see images attach

BillyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
You are also going to change out the vacuum brake booster for a Hydroboost setup right? The vacuum pumps on these motors aren't the best in the world and wouldn't be enough for power brakes, it's all they can do to run the a/c controls and cruise control on most.

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
You are also going to change out the vacuum brake booster for a Hydroboost setup right? The vacuum pumps on these motors aren't the best in the world and wouldn't be enough for power brakes, it's all they can do to run the a/c controls and cruise control on most.

Good to know, but I've test driven it and the brakes seem perfect right where they were with the gas engine. But I'll drive it on a longer run and see how she holds up but thanks for the info

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad